SuperG

I-751 — April 2024 Filers Club

91 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, OldUser said:

It usually takes 4-6 weeks after delivery to receive extension letter, so you're looking into mid May.

Also, don't forget, USCIS had tons of people applying before April 1st to lock in old fees and they're probably overwhelmed dealing with influx of petitions. It's totally normal.

you have a good point with the fee, sucks because I need to renew my DL and my CCW 

12 hours ago, SuperG said:

Hi everyone!

Just got an email from USCIS: "We have taken an action on your case."

- Package sent on 04/06/2024 via USPS to the Carol Stream IL PO Box
- Delivery confirmed on 04/08/2024

- Email received on 04/23/2024 and logged on myUSCIS account:

April 8, 2024

Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent
On April 8, 2024, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number IOE********, and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. The notice describes how we will process your case.

For now, the Receipt Notice is not available for download and my check has not been cashed yet.

Thank you for the timeline. Has the processing fee been taken out? If yes, what was the timeline for it? My Package was sent on 4/2/2024. It says "delivered to agent for final delivery" on April 6th. No update since then.

Do you know what does "Delivered to agent for final delivery" means? Does this mean that USCIS has received it?

12 hours ago, SuperG said:

Hi everyone!

Just got an email from USCIS: "We have taken an action on your case."

- Package sent on 04/06/2024 via USPS to the Carol Stream IL PO Box
- Delivery confirmed on 04/08/2024

- Email received on 04/23/2024 and logged on myUSCIS account:

April 8, 2024

Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent
On April 8, 2024, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number IOE********, and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. The notice describes how we will process your case.

For now, the Receipt Notice is not available for download and my check has not been cashed yet.

Thank you for the timeline. Has the processing fee been taken out? If yes, what was the timeline for it? My Package was sent on 4/2/2024. It says "delivered to agent for final delivery" on April 6th. No update since then.

Do you know what does "Delivered to agent for final delivery" means? Does this mean that USCIS has received it?

2 hours ago, orionkh said:

Is a receipt notice different from an acceptance notice? Is the latter the extension letter? Do you receive two notices from USCIS then? 

You receive two notices typically after filing:

1) Acceptance notice / extension notice / I-797

2) Code for adding case to USCIS account

Then biometrics notice (either reuse or appointment), then RFE (optional), notice of intent to deny (optional), interview (optional) and decision.

Edited by OldUser

45 minutes ago, USCHQU said:

Many many people sent their applications before fees increase on April 1. Your packet is likely sitting in the storage facility waiting to be opened. Typically it takes 4-6 weeks after delivery to get extension letter. But with this influx of applications it can take longer.

27 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You receive two notices typically after filing:

1) Acceptance notice / extension notice / I-797

2) Code for adding case to USCIS account

Then biometrics notice (either reuse or appointment), then RFE (optional), notice of intent to deny (optional), interview (optional) and decision.

That’s very helpful. Thank you! 

56 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

We just got our 2023 transcript! 

It was fast!

Now we can send everything calmly :)

Glad you waited for it and it wasn't long!

Thank you for the update and good luck! Hopefully you won't be using credit card to pay?

Glad to find the club here.

I filed my application on April 8.

USPS showed my application was delivered on April 12. 

No notification, no receipt, and no charge on my card. 

I am waiting for the rejection now because I filed my application with a $680 check and the old version of i751 form. I just found out USCIS increased the fee and updated the form on April 1st. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 4/24/2024 at 12:20 PM, USCHQU said:

I just looked at my bank account and it says for my check and it says:
- Date of transaction: 04/25/2024
- Received for processing
So it has just been cashed since it was received on 04/08/2024.

I guess your application has been delivered to USCIS on 04/06/2024 but they didn't processed your case yet. I was also worried that USCIS would not pickup my package before my GC expired on 04/19 but at the end when I got the update on MyUSCIS on 04/23 they indicated that my case was received on 04/08.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/16/2024 at 11:39 AM, Oko Vicki said:

Hey SuperG, I mailed out my package yesterday 04/15 via USPS, tracking says delivery date is tomorrow 04/17 so now we wait.

Hopefully you hear about your case soon. Fingers crossed 

I just got a text and email from them. My case has been added to my online account with case number. However, no extension letter or any of my evidences in the documents section yet. Now we wait. 

Package mailed via USPS: 04/15

Package delivered: 04/19

NOA1: 04/25 

This was surprisingly fast. But I will take it. 

6 minutes ago, Oko Vicki said:

I just got a text and email from them. My case has been added to my online account with case number. However, no extension letter or any of my evidences in the documents section yet. Now we wait. 

Package mailed via USPS: 04/15

Package delivered: 04/19

NOA1: 04/25 

This was surprisingly fast. But I will take it. 

Which lockbox did you send your app? Mine was received on 4/16 at Tempe lockbox and I got an sms and email notification yesterday. I think the check is still being processed. Until it’s processed and cleared, you won’t see the extension letter in your online account. They will issue the notice only after they have received your money :) 

Edited by orionkh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, orionkh said:

Which lockbox did you send your app? Mine was received on 4/16 at Tempe lockbox and I got an sms and email notification yesterday. I think the check is still being processed. Until it’s processed and cleared, you won’t see the extension letter in your online account. They will issue the notice only after they have received your money :) 

USCIS and money are like 5&6 lol. That being said, I’d like to think they would not issue a receipt notice and mail out an extension letter if they hadn’t initiated the payment, don’t you think? 
I sent my package to the Phoenix PO Box. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.