hak

I-129f question about photos (after 2020)

6 posts in this topic

I had (10) photos we are using as evidence printed as traditional, individual 4x6 photos and put them in a ziplock bag which was taped to a piece of paper. I sent everything in last week but now I'm seeing that a lot of people put their pictures on a document and printed them out that way. I understand it is likely not a big deal but I'd like to hear if anyone else did something similar to me and still got approved. 

I have seen some answers to this but nothing that is relatively recent. Everything I'm seeing is 10+ years old. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Refer to the USCIS site that has directions on how to send documents (even photos ) 

USCIS wants it to be easy to get to and scan document so sending in a zip lock bags makes extra work to open and  hard to scan.  for the officer /  putting them on 8 x 11 paper makes it easier to scan to computer 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/tips-for-filing-forms-by-mail

On that site it says

• When providing photos or other attachments, please provide your name at the top of the page or on the back of any photos. If you send original photos with your form, they may become part of the record or be destroyed.

18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Refer to the USCIS site that has directions on how to send documents (even photos ) 

USCIS wants it to be easy to get to and scan document so sending in a zip lock bags makes extra work to open and  hard to scan.  for the officer /  putting them on 8 x 11 paper makes it easier to scan to computer 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/tips-for-filing-forms-by-mail

On that site it says

• When providing photos or other attachments, please provide your name at the top of the page or on the back of any photos. If you send original photos with your form, they may become part of the record or be destroyed.

I already sent my stuff in. That's why I'm asking for the experience of others who did what I did. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 minutes ago, hak said:

I already sent my stuff in. That's why I'm asking for the experience of others who did what I did. 

they are accepted with petition as is are all documents u send

best to make sure the intending immigrant has photos at interivew

CO at interview most likely will not look at them but it is  noted that  they are available  

Fiancee is Italian so not as big an issue as high fraud country

Best to familiarize yourself with the USCIS K1 process 

and please do a timeline and flag the country /this is so important for all the queries u may have for the entire process from start to finish /the US AOS process is especially long and frustrating for most going thru K1

Best to u both

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm not sure about photos because I followed the instructions on USCIS and scanned them all to 8 1/2 x 11 letter size pages for easy filing, but I will tell you, that I sent an original copy of my birth certificate and USCIS mailed it back to me.. cannot guarantee the same for photos.

Hopefully they were not extremely sentimental or you have digital copies, because USCIS warns that they may destroy photos sent to them.

"When providing photos or other attachments, please provide your name at the top of the page or on the back of any photos. If you send original photos with your form, they may become part of the record or be destroyed."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.