Chr2746

ROC / N-400 Combo Interview (Detroit)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello everyone ,

I requested a combo interview when I applied for N-400, but I never applied for I-751 using any lawyer.

I got this email a week after my interview schedule notification, is it normal in Detroit?

USCIS is requesting that you bring your spouse to the N-400: Naturalization interview scheduled for ****** and to process your I-751 application, in connection to your N-400. We also ask that your I-751 attorney is present, if applicable. If you encounter any problems at the door, please inform security that their spouse is attending upon this request and for addressing the I-751 application.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

It says "if applicable". If you think you'd benefit from having a lawyer, I believe you can still hire one to go with you to the interview. Make sure to bring spouse and 

I do not think there would be a need for a lawyer, I assume it's a normal message sent to people. My spouse and I already took the date off work to go for the interview.  Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Chr2746 said:

I do not think there would be a need for a lawyer, I assume it's a normal message sent to people. My spouse and I already took the date off work to go for the interview.  Thanks 

Please come back and tell us how it goes. I’ll be going to Detroit for my interview~ 

Edited by Redro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Redro said:

Please come back and tell us how it goes. I’ll be going to Detroit for my interview~ 

Detroit is a cakewalk.  The only concern I have is with the location, when going there, I prefer to drive along Jefferson Ave. rather than to drive through the neighborhoods on the East side that navigation seems to favor.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Detroit is a cakewalk.  The only concern I have is with the location, when going there, I prefer to drive along Jefferson Ave. rather than to drive through the neighborhoods on the East side that navigation seems to favor.

I will probably make my husband drive there with me two or three times for practice. Then we will have to go to Bucharest Grill or Atwater Brewery for a snack after… I love going to Detroit. Was there yesterday for work! 

• 3 weeks later...

My Combo Interview went well today,  my wife came with me, the I-751 was done first then the N-400 was next ,my wife stayed in the room but sat back . The officer was very nice and had conversations in between the interview. 

Speaking and writing test: 

How many senators are there
There are 100 senators.

Civic questions:
What did the declaration of independence do.
Who passes bills into law
Name 1 US territory
Father of our country
How many senators are there
What party is the president.

I noticed there was oath ceremony going on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.