55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/4/2024 at 11:01 AM, Dan B said:

Yes it’s c09. I don’t see what the vawa application has to do with the process time of my i765. I’m sure if by now if there was an issue I probably would get an RFE but I got 2 of already. It’s still going in the right direction.

Hey so now I just looked at my application and I realized that the issue with not getting the work authorization is because the application says c31, so now I know what the issue is with not receiving my permit. Lawyers filed under the wrong category. But now I’m wondering if I can make this right by filing another I765 under c09?

On 4/22/2024 at 3:52 AM, Dan B said:

Hey so now I just looked at my application and I realized that the issue with not getting the work authorization is because the application says c31, so now I know what the issue is with not receiving my permit. Lawyers filed under the wrong category. But now I’m wondering if I can make this right by filing another I765 under c09?

Yes you can. 

On 4/4/2024 at 10:13 AM, Dan B said:

Carmel I have may more evidence than just a pulled application, but you know I’m not just gonna come on here and put my whole life story for people to see, talk and criticize. I’m going through such much as it is already living the life of someone in my case. It’s not easy to write out everything in words what I’m doing with my application either.

Carmel I have may more evidence than just a pulled application, but you know I’m not just gonna come on here and put my whole life story for people to see, talk and criticize. I’m going through such much as it is already living the life of someone in my case. It’s not easy to write out everything in words what I’m doing with my application either.

She only asked a simple question. On your initial post, you just mentioned you applied vawa because your ex withdraw i485 which is insufficient information and no abuse mentioned.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/22/2024 at 2:52 AM, Dan B said:

Yes you can file another one using C09. I think with the changes you have to pay the fees. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Well I hope not because I submitted it today without the fees. But I don’t think so too because once there is an adjustment of status pending you don’t pay for I765 and i131, they always wave the filing fees

19 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Well I hope not because I submitted it today without the fees. But I don’t think so too because once there is an adjustment of status pending you don’t pay for I765 and i131, they always wave the filing fees

Look over the Receipt Notice for the I-485 your attorney submitted along with the I-360. If it shows you paid the $1,225 then this I-765 (C 09) will be ok. 
If , however, attorney did a fee waiver …this work permit will be rejected. 

Timeline

Yes it was paid forward to uscis but they did send back a notice saying that they would wave the filing fees for i765 and i131 respectfully. However they did denied the i131 saying that I was in removal proceedings. But I checked with ice and they don’t have my A number in their system. I didn’t receive a letter to appear either.

11 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Yes it was paid forward to uscis but they did send back a notice saying that they would wave the filing fees for i765 and i131 respectfully. However they did denied the i131 saying that I was in removal proceedings. But I checked with ice and they don’t have my A number in their system. I didn’t receive a letter to appear either.

try putting your A# on this website to see if anything comes up.

https://acis.eoir.justice.gov/en/

Timeline

I just checked again and it says no case has been found with this A number. Yes my ex pulled her I130 petition and adjustment of status application, so they did say that I needed to leave the country in 32 days but I didn’t. I applied for vawa instead of leaving.

6 minutes ago, Dan B said:

I just checked again and it says no case has been found with this A number. Yes my ex pulled her I130 petition and adjustment of status application, so they did say that I needed to leave the country in 32 days but I didn’t. I applied for vawa instead of leaving.

oh i see. Check the status of that i-485. It seems like they denied that i-485 and put you in removal. Hence, USCIS can not issue you AP. 

Timeline

They did cancel out that application and told me to leave like I said previously. But the application i485 that was submitted with the vawa application is not been reviewed yet because they have to make a decision on the vawa first. I did receive prima facie (12) months and extension for (6) months already, this extension expires on the 24th of may but I see now that they have been reviewing the i765(c31) but normally they don’t review this unless they are about to make an approval decision. Let me know what you think please.

1 minute ago, Dan B said:

They did cancel out that application and told me to leave like I said previously. But the application i485 that was submitted with the vawa application is not been reviewed yet because they have to make a decision on the vawa first. I did receive prima facie (12) months and extension for (6) months already, this extension expires on the 24th of may but I see now that they have been reviewing the i765(c31) but normally they don’t review this unless they are about to make an approval decision. Let me know what you think please.

so per my understanding did you send second i-485 with VAWA since the first i-485 was denied?

If that's the case then you need to send EAD C09. The EAD c31 will not happen untill VAWA approved. Not sure when did you send the VAWA but it taking almost 3 years VAWA to approve. Let me know if that make sense to you. 

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

so per my understanding did you send second i-485 with VAWA since the first i-485 was denied?

If that's the case then you need to send EAD C09. The EAD c31 will not happen untill VAWA approved. Not sure when did you send the VAWA but it taking almost 3 years VAWA to approve. Let me know if that make sense to you. 

in addition to that. Once your VAWA is approved then your attorney needs to file motion to get out of court then USCIS will make decision on your i-485. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.