1,184 posts in this topic

Good evening!

Which office sends the deficiency letter/medical exam RFE? Vermont or our local office?

My vawa got approved in the beginning of October 2023, and last week I went to my local office (had an info pass) - I was sure my file was already in my local office but when I got there the officer told me that my files are still in Vermont, and that Vermont is the one asking me for medical or then if they think I will need an interview they will send to my local office - She seems like she really wanted to help, she went in and out her office couple of times to check but she was positive about my cause still in Vermont and not my local office

Does this make sense? I always though they transfer and then my local office is the one deciding if I need an interview or not.

She also mentioned that Vermont was already done doing my biometric and going to the next step (which I don't know what it is)

What do you guys think? Does it take that long (5 months+) to Vermont transfer the  files??

Hi fam!

I request if you can provide your opinion to my situation as I’m getting a little anxious. So, my ex-wife has been an abuser all through my marriage. I filed for Vawa in March-2022 and is still under process. I got separated in Jan-2022 and filed for divorce which got finalized in Sep-2023. I made sure to send her the original copy by mail, and pdf copy by email as well as through phone the day I received the divorce degree. She texted me a week ago asking about divorce and emailed me at same time asking to contact here otherwise threatening to get government involved. She says she wants to address something immediately and urgently but we have already divorced and maybe she forgot we got divorced because in the email she said “hey its your wife here”. I’m getting very anxious because I don’t want any contact with her. Should I not respond at all or should I just respond to never contact me as we are divorced and attach divorce copy along with proof that I sent her those last year. I am scared as she is crazy and might try to reach out to govt (USCIS) to harm me. She threatened the same when we lived together. Please advice. 

5 minutes ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hi fam!

I request if you can provide your opinion to my situation as I’m getting a little anxious. So, my ex-wife has been an abuser all through my marriage. I filed for Vawa in March-2022 and is still under process. I got separated in Jan-2022 and filed for divorce which got finalized in Sep-2023. I made sure to send her the original copy by mail, and pdf copy by email as well as through phone the day I received the divorce degree. She texted me a week ago asking about divorce and emailed me at same time asking to contact here otherwise threatening to get government involved. She says she wants to address something immediately and urgently but we have already divorced and maybe she forgot we got divorced because in the email she said “hey its your wife here”. I’m getting very anxious because I don’t want any contact with her. Should I not respond at all or should I just respond to never contact me as we are divorced and attach divorce copy along with proof that I sent her those last year. I am scared as she is crazy and might try to reach out to govt (USCIS) to harm me. She threatened the same when we lived together. Please advice. 

Block her and forget her, if she keeps trying otherwise then get a family lawyer and have them send her a cease and desist, followed by filing a no contact or restraining order.

USCIS is prohibited by law from taking anything the abuser says into account for VAWA cases, similarly USCIS as a matter of policy doesn't take former spouses seriously because if they had to investigate every marriage that went sideways with a salty US Citizen then that'd be literally the only thing they'd be doing.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Poupis said:

Good evening!

Which office sends the deficiency letter/medical exam RFE? Vermont or our local office?

My vawa got approved in the beginning of October 2023, and last week I went to my local office (had an info pass) - I was sure my file was already in my local office but when I got there the officer told me that my files are still in Vermont, and that Vermont is the one asking me for medical or then if they think I will need an interview they will send to my local office - She seems like she really wanted to help, she went in and out her office couple of times to check but she was positive about my cause still in Vermont and not my local office

Does this make sense? I always though they transfer and then my local office is the one deciding if I need an interview or not.

She also mentioned that Vermont was already done doing my biometric and going to the next step (which I don't know what it is)

What do you guys think? Does it take that long (5 months+) to Vermont transfer the  files??

Contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf. Usually, they transfer the file within 30/90 days.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hi fam!

Do not respond to her anymore,  do not talk to her if she shows up at your workplace or your home.

Timeline
On 2/1/2024 at 6:44 PM, God is a good God said:

Hello vj family,

received this letter after filing request to expedite. So my i485 was at local office, denied and filed motion to reopen i290B, got RFE for i601 waiver and after receiving the i601 receipt, I mailed it to local office as mention in the RFE. I was expecting the local office to make a decision. Why they send it to Vermont again? I sent the expedite request to Vermont humanitarian division.

IMG_7508.jpeg

Vermont will adjudicate your waiver, not the local office.

Timeline
On 2/24/2024 at 2:39 PM, Dreamer7 said:

Hi guys!!!!! I applied i360 dec10 2020!!!! I had a pending green card interview on Oct 2020. We were getting divorce and and my lawyer was filing i360, she went to interview by herself and told officer to hold my i485 since we were applying i360. As my lawyer states they told her that they would hold my i485. Finally!!!!!!!! 2 days ago my i360 was approved!!!! What should I expect next! Please share your experiences. 

They'll transfer the case to the local office, and they might set up an interview or not, but it'll take some time.

Timeline
On 2/24/2024 at 3:03 PM, FirstTimer said:

as per today’s circumstances if you receive RFE for medical that means you won’t have interview otherwise you will get interview. you will hear from USCIS either for your interview or medical.

which is your local field office?

It used to be like you described it before, but I represented two cases where USCIS asked to mail them the medical exams, and we submitted the medical exams, but then USCIS set up interviews after  65  and 90  days. 

Edited by Sandra G.

Timeline
On 2/20/2024 at 11:02 AM, Persica said:

Hey everybody,

Hope everyone is doing great. I have a situation I could use all your help with - I filed my 765 renewal on January 31st with the Vermont Service Center, I have not received the receipt notice yet. Called the USCIS customer care, and the information agent told me there's no new 765 case uploaded under my name in the system and I should send a letter to the Vermont Service Center. 

I'm planning on sending a letter along with another 765 package today. My EAD will expire at the end of May, and I'm getting a little nervous so wanted to ask for your advise if I can do anything to help the situation. 

I got delayed in filing the renewal due to my attorney and filed it in Jan as soon as they gave me a green light. Thank you

@Sandra G. @Demise @Rhema1

The USCIS lost one of my clients' files three times. I had to start over three times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

It used to be like you described it before, but I represented two cases where USCIS asked to mail them the medical exams, and we submitted the medical exams, but then USCIS set up interviews after  65  and 90  days. 

That could happen as you mentioned. Rest depends on the officer who has your file.

2 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hi fam!

Dont Respond. I repeat DONT !

Thank you for your feedback, family! I will not respond to my ex-wife. I have another question:

Do we have to pay renewal fees for EAD-AP combo card after 01Apr even if we have a pending I-485 and c09 category? I thought fees were waived. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

6 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

The USCIS lost one of my clients' files three times. I had to start over three times.

Thanks for the response @Sandra G.

My congresswoman sent an inquiry to the USCIS last week, waiting to hear back. The USCIS Support tells me the case has still not been added to my file. Do you think if I send another package to Vermont, that would hurt the application or cause even more delays? 

Another query if you could please help me with is I'm planning on travelling home to see my family whom I haven't seen in 5 years for 4-5 weeks, and plan on coming back in the middle of May - my current EAD/AP expires at the end of May. Do you think I might have any issue with the CBP on my way back? I did have a 1st simple DUI case back in 2022 which was settled within months after I paid a $500 fine (No probation etc.), and I have the original Judge's order with me. Do you think there's even a 1% chance CBP can deny me entry into the US? People say if it comes to that don't ever sign anything and ask to see the judge but I'm not sure how that works and what are the repercussions of that.

Would really appreciate your help on this as I'm planning to travel within the next 10 days. Thanks a ton. 

6 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

They'll transfer the case to the local office, and they might set up an interview or not, but it'll take some time.

Feb 2022 i360 was showing “approved” today I got another notification “new card is being produced” 

Is this for ead? I’ve already got renewed ead which is good for 5 years

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.