mgat5

Child's Birth Certificate...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

When sending the application to remove conditions, do we have to send one a certified copy of our son's birth certificate or can it be a plain copy? :help:

C (Oregon, USA) & Melissa (Lima, PERU)

---

K1- 129F: Profile - Signature and Story

--

05/27/2005 We are married!

06/02/2005 Got Marriage Certificate

06/02/2005 Change name in SSC

06/11/2005 Receive SSC

--

AOS: Profile - Signature and Story

--

EAD: Profile - Signature and Story

--

10/06/2006 Find out we are pregnant!!

05/29/2007 Our boy is born

--

08/14/2007 Start gathering documents for I751

08/29/2007 Mailed I751

08/30/2007 I751 received at NSC

09/27/2007 Received NOA1 in the mail, dated 08/30/2007

10/04/2007 Received Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2007 Biometrics 1pm

11/30/2007 Card production ordered!! Whoohooo!!!!

Wish Upon a Plane

When sending the application to remove conditions, do we have to send one a certified copy of our son's birth certificate or can it be a plain copy? :help:

When in doubt! Submit the one you think has more validity!

You know for sure the certified copy will be OK.

No matter what others may have done and got away with submitting.

Submit a certified copy and you won't have to worry about it!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When in doubt! Submit the one you think has more validity!

You know for sure the certified copy will be OK.

No matter what others may have done and got away with submitting.

Submit a certified copy and you won't have to worry about it!

:thumbs: Good advice!

Also, keep in mind that as long as your child's birth registration with the NSO in the Philippines does not fall into one of these 2 categories:

1. Late Birth Registration

2. Amended Birth Registration( ie die to RA 9048 (clerical error corrections) or Judicial Action corrections

Then you can order the offical NSO Live Birth Certificates online and have them delivered, even from the USA. Here is the link: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

they just ask you to send in copies....

Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in ''good faith'' and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you wish to establish this fact and to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples:

1. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts, joint federal and state tax returns,insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, joint installments or other loans.

4. Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws.

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit:his or her full name and address; date and place of birth;relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

We submitted just a copy of our daughter's birth cetificate :thumbs:

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

We just followed the instructions and submitted a plain copy.

Sure, a certified copy would have worked, but they explicitly tell you that plain copies are ok for all materials submitted as part of any USCIS petition. In the unlikely event that they have any doubts about the validity of your plain copy, they'll ask to see the certified copy (either via RFE or at an interview), but I've never heard of that happening.

If you DO send a certified copy, don't expect to ever get it back.

See the USCIS General Tips page

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.