Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,301 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, dj222 said:

For those of you who have filled out DS5355, just a few questions.

When filling out the travel history part, what did you have to fill out? Did you have to provide stay addresses? Did you have to provide transits through airports? What if you visited multiple cities when you traveled to a specific country?

I've traveled to 50+ countries and many more cities within these countries. Not sure how detailed I have to be. Sometimes I would stay in multiple airbnb/hotsels etc. Not even sure if I can track down all the addresses I've stayed at.

I also read online that you have to provide reason for travel and source of funding along with stay addresses. Can anyone confirm this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone we have a new blog update from Red Eagle Law that speaks to a reduction in the amount of cases in AP DS-5535 since January 2024. I am attaching a link for the blog, and there is also a new declaration that has been made by the department of state that provides more information on the administrative process and what goes on behind-the-scenes. Praying that this is the light at the end of the tunnel that will reduce the backlog and have our visas issued sooner rather than later.

https://redeaglelaw.com/blog-1/f/new-state-department-declarations-on-administrative-processing

Timeline
6 hours ago, dj222 said:

For those of you who have filled out DS5355, just a few questions.

When filling out the travel history part, what did you have to fill out? Did you have to provide stay addresses? Did you have to provide transits through airports? What if you visited multiple cities when you traveled to a specific country?

I've traveled to 50+ countries and many more cities within these countries. Not sure how detailed I have to be. Sometimes I would stay in multiple airbnb/hotsels etc. Not even sure if I can track down all the addresses I've stayed at.

The question is worded this was:  “Have you travelled to any country (other than your country of residence) in the last 15 years?”  “If yes, provide details for each trip that is not already included in your visa application (DS-156, DS-160, or DS-260) including locations visited, date visited, source of funds, and length of stay”

2 hours ago, dj222 said:

I also read online that you have to provide reason for travel and source of funding along with stay addresses. Can anyone confirm this?

Did you get DS-5535?

You need to provide the information requested on DS-5535 to best of your knowledge. You can use any format. For example

1. France, 07-15-2017, 3 days, Stayed at Holiday Inn Express CDG Airport Paris, Self-paid trip (Vacation).

2. UK, 09-18-2013, 5 days, Stayed at the guest house in the Central London, Employer-paid trip (Work).

Edited by Leo The Great

2 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

Hello everyone we have a new blog update from Red Eagle Law that speaks to a reduction in the amount of cases in AP DS-5535 since January 2024. I am attaching a link for the blog, and there is also a new declaration that has been made by the department of state that provides more information on the administrative process and what goes on behind-the-scenes. Praying that this is the light at the end of the tunnel that will reduce the backlog and have our visas issued sooner rather than later.

https://redeaglelaw.com/blog-1/f/new-state-department-declarations-on-administrative-processing

Interestingly they always mention the cases in AP due to a DS-5535. What about those in AP without being asked one? Do they fall under the same total "backlog" number posted (61k now instead of 66k)? Are they handled separately? Not clear on if the backlog in question is specific to DS-5535 or not. 

3 hours ago, CarmenD said:

The question is worded this was:  “Have you travelled to any country (other than your country of residence) in the last 15 years?”  “If yes, provide details for each trip that is not already included in your visa application (DS-156, DS-160, or DS-260) including locations visited, date visited, source of funds, and length of stay”

did you guys provide stay addresses?

10 hours ago, WMBB said:

Hi Everyone,

My long wait is finally over.  My CEAC case finally changed to Issued today!  Now I await my passport.

It has been a very long road since the interview (Nov 22, 2022!  Yes, 2022!).  And I also had to wait a year for the interview itself!  

Given that we sent all requested documents and passport in for which were received on March 22, this stretch felt the longest.

We asked our Senator for assistance.  She did follow up with Montreal yesterday I believe.  Whether this is just coincidence my case would have been approved today regardless, I do not know.  I will give her the credit though.  

I checked first this morning and the date change so I know something was possibly going on, but still refused.  Then checked early this afternoon and it read Issued.

Thank you to this group for your continued support.  You were a life line during this.  None of you should be here!  It will be my mission going forward to advocate for change!  I wish you all nothing but the very best and hope your Issued day will finally come, sooner than later!  Stay strong and fight!  If I can do this so can you.  

Congratulations 

Timeline
2 hours ago, dj222 said:

did you guys provide stay addresses?

Absolutely not.  Not asked for, and absurd to anticipate such detailed level of travel over so many years be kept by anyone. Your address (residential) history during the last 15 years is requested though

Hi, Just a few clarifications.

My spouse attended her Visa Interview on March 15, 2024, in Montreal and was asked to complete her DS5535. Her medical examination was on March 08, 2024 and her RCMP police clearance was done on June 15, 2023.  How long is the validity of these two documents? If her visa is approved, will she be required to get another medical examination and RCMP clearance?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Cholte cholte said:

Hi, Just a few clarifications.

My spouse attended her Visa Interview on March 15, 2024, in Montreal and was asked to complete her DS5535. Her medical examination was on March 08, 2024 and her RCMP police clearance was done on June 15, 2023.  How long is the validity of these two documents? If her visa is approved, will she be required to get another medical examination and RCMP clearance?

I think the mecical exam is good for 6 months and the police report is good for 2 years. After you receive your IV visa, if you activate it within the specified time frame, you should not need to to them again.

13 hours ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Interestingly they always mention the cases in AP due to a DS-5535. What about those in AP without being asked one? Do they fall under the same total "backlog" number posted (61k now instead of 66k)? Are they handled separately? Not clear on if the backlog in question is specific to DS-5535 or not. 

I heard that the counterterrorist screen belongs to DS 5535 clearance and the screening division belongs to resume, TAL clearance. so, if you look at the statistics, then seems ds 5535 clearance is more than resume clearance.

image.png.1997c4587053bf7587091abfcb18af1d.png

2 hours ago, Pending DS5535 said:

JI heard that the counterterrorist screen belongs to DS 5535 clearance and the screening division belongs to resume, TAL clearance. so, if you look at the statistics, then seems ds 5535 clearance is more than resume clearance.

image.png.1997c4587053bf7587091abfcb18af1d.png

The declaration claimed that they handle 55,000 requests per year. With 61000 backlog every applicant needs  to wait for more than a year to get clearance unless they switch to new vetting system (They claimed it is more efficient).  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.