Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,248 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, David San said:

Does anyone knows where can I find the barcode number?

It is 10 characters confirmation number starting with AA (AA......) on DS-260 confirmation page( Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation) page.  Go to NVC site and view your DS-260 form to get confirmation number.

image.png.1c2fe31f124520cb81ed874dcab13130.png

Edited by Leo The Great

On 3/20/2024 at 3:19 PM, Irish89 said:

Hey, I just received word for word the same response to an email I sent a couple weeks ago. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. "Additional security screening is being conducted" to me means DS-5535 is still ongoing but there's definitely a more negative and stern undertone to this response. 

I find the wording really weird, "you have not established that you are eligible for a visa" - as if it's our fault they haven't finished their security checks. They're really bending the meaning here, abusing the wording that was originally meant only for exceptional cases, and making a mess by claiming that 221(g) AP is the "final denial" of a visa. All of that only so that they can avoid the responsibility when sued and ignore the 221(g) AP cases when publicly praising their efforts in reducing the processing times..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

It is 10 characters confirmation number starting with AA (AA......) on DS-260 confirmation page( Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation) page.  Go to NVC site and view your DS-260 form to get confirmation number.

image.png.1c2fe31f124520cb81ed874dcab13130.png

The CEAC AA Confirmation # is not the number to be provided and requested in the DS-5535 form document.  The MTL (Montreal) Consulate Case# is 

16 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

The CEAC AA Confirmation # is not the number to be provided and requested in the DS-5535 form document.  The MTL (Montreal) Consulate Case# is 

I'm not sure why you state it with such certainty (there's a mess with all the DS-5535 form variations, so maybe there's a variation that does ask for MTL consulate case number), but both the PDF DS-5535 and the forms.office.com link that Montreal consulate sent me do ask for the DS-260 barcode number. The MTL case number is not what they call the "barcode number".

Timeline
12 minutes ago, dmitrych said:

I'm not sure why you state it with such certainty (there's a mess with all the DS-5535 form variations, so maybe there's a variation that does ask for MTL consulate case number), but both the PDF DS-5535 and the forms.office.com link that Montreal consulate sent me do ask for the DS-260 barcode number. The MTL case number is not what they call the "barcode number".

You’re absolutely right.  I stand corrected, and chagrined ..  ☮️ 

Timeline
17 hours ago, David San said:

Does anyone knows where can I find the barcode number?

It’s the AA Confirmation number, not the MTL (Consulate) number.  I was totally off.  Apologies for the confusion 

Timeline

IMG_3452.thumb.jpeg.dc950c4ae6a50a2bda5b0bdb71469a2e.jpeg

50 minutes ago, dmitrych said:

Confusing 🫤 both numbers appear with bar codes in ours

Timeline
2 hours ago, dmitrych said:

I find the wording really weird, "you have not established that you are eligible for a visa" - as if it's our fault they haven't finished their security checks. They're really bending the meaning here, abusing the wording that was originally meant only for exceptional cases, and making a mess by claiming that 221(g) AP is the "final denial" of a visa. All of that only so that they can avoid the responsibility when sued and ignore the 221(g) AP cases when publicly praising their efforts in reducing the processing times..

Exactly.  Infuriating 

12 hours ago, dmitrych said:

Exactly, This is so funny how they are running away from 221g under Ds-5535 , especially when all the required documents are provided and accepted by them and they have no objection on the documents , they just ask some extra security questions not related with visa directly under Ds-5535(Extra extreme vetting aka there own love ride which they just give whom ever they want to give and play with the future of applicant and the family),  Even on there website this is mentioned that "visa is refused under 221g and if the counselor ask you any further information please  provide (in some cases missing documents in other only ds-5535)".

A person who never entered USA before , never applied for USA visa before and a person who have no control on how USA security system works or what VO/CO thinks about his/her personality is not responsible for AP - DS-5535 especially if all the required documents are not only provided but also these documents are  authentic and got accepted by USA . 

In rest of the world , If your spouse is calling you then its your spouse who is responsible for finances (that's why and when Tax returns , bank statements etc come in play ) It doesn't matter you are rich or live on the road , if you have all the required documents and you are not a security threat then its all OK. 

But in USA we have AP under Ds-5535 , when all the documents are ok and "they" don't ask/required for any other document but System or VO/CO puts you under extra vetting just for fun and then run away from responsibility... 

This is like ,

VO/CO Hey I will not issue you a visa under 221g go and fill the form Ds-5535 ,

Poor Applicant Sir is  there any thing wrong with my documents ?

VO/CO : No there is nothing wrong with the documents , its just I and my system don't like you , and we are "refusing" you your visa and will keep you in long waiting list , and when you will go to court then we will tell court we "Denied" you visa because it is you who is not able to clear our extra vetting on which  we put you on the day of your interview ..............

lol this whole thing is turning into big joke  

2 hours ago, brkendream said:

Exactly, This is so funny how they are running away from 221g under Ds-5535 , especially when all the required documents are provided and accepted by them and they have no objection on the documents , they just ask some extra security questions not related with visa directly under Ds-5535(Extra extreme vetting aka there own love ride which they just give whom ever they want to give and play with the future of applicant and the family),  Even on there website this is mentioned that "visa is refused under 221g and if the counselor ask you any further information please  provide (in some cases missing documents in other only ds-5535)".

A person who never entered USA before , never applied for USA visa before and a person who have no control on how USA security system works or what VO/CO thinks about his/her personality is not responsible for AP - DS-5535 especially if all the required documents are not only provided but also these documents are  authentic and got accepted by USA . 

In rest of the world , If your spouse is calling you then its your spouse who is responsible for finances (that's why and when Tax returns , bank statements etc come in play ) It doesn't matter you are rich or live on the road , if you have all the required documents and you are not a security threat then its all OK. 

But in USA we have AP under Ds-5535 , when all the documents are ok and "they" don't ask/required for any other document but System or VO/CO puts you under extra vetting just for fun and then run away from responsibility... 

This is like ,

VO/CO Hey I will not issue you a visa under 221g go and fill the form Ds-5535 ,

Poor Applicant Sir is  there any thing wrong with my documents ?

VO/CO : No there is nothing wrong with the documents , its just I and my system don't like you , and we are "refusing" you your visa and will keep you in long waiting list , and when you will go to court then we will tell court we "Denied" you visa because it is you who is not able to clear our extra vetting on which  we put you on the day of your interview ..............

lol this whole thing is turning into big joke  

I’m wondering if there’s any other country in the world that treats people who want to legally immigrate & follow their spouses/families the same way we’re treated.

Timeline

It is both comforting and heartbreaking to know that I have found a community of people experiencing the same emotions as my husband and I. This process is taking a toll on our mental health and marriage. Its scary because it seems like there is no end in sight. We just want to start our lives together. It angers me that the US government has no sympathy for individuals trying to legally immigrate with NO criminal record. My biggest sin is that I chose to fly back and forth throughout dating and marriage to see my husband. If i had never visited him then i would be questioned on the authenticity of our marriage. Either way we were going to be screwed. I am just praying for some positive news or change that will clear this backlog and issue me a visa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

It is both comforting and heartbreaking to know that I have found a community of people experiencing the same emotions as my husband and I. This process is taking a toll on our mental health and marriage. Its scary because it seems like there is no end in sight. We just want to start our lives together. It angers me that the US government has no sympathy for individuals trying to legally immigrate with NO criminal record. My biggest sin is that I chose to fly back and forth throughout dating and marriage to see my husband. If i had never visited him then i would be questioned on the authenticity of our marriage. Either way we were going to be screwed. I am just praying for some positive news or change that will clear this backlog and issue me a visa. 

Agreed, it seems like without this place, alot of people would have been completely lost or given up/lost hope by now. Its been 10 months and 3 weeks for my fiance and I, but it feels like we are seeing the finish line move further and further away from us as time goes on, but we are refusing to give up hope. I just hope we hear something soon because this doesnt make any sense why this is taking so long

19 hours ago, Sisa24 said:

I’m wondering if there’s any other country in the world that treats people who want to legally immigrate & follow their spouses/families the same way we’re treated.

I am afraid None  , Only USA treat legally applying immigrants as . I am sorry but this is the reality........Some people here on this any other forums very easily says "if it is taking time or you are in Ap call your spouse to your home country and live together" Now these people don't understand when NVC/VO/CO ask for latest Tax returns as proof of income then  what will you show? This behavior hurts even more. 

Will US system allow spouse to live together until many years long visa process completion  and skip this income requirement ? Answer is  a big fat NO , they will not allow that and issue AP under missing document  ........ So overall USA spouse Visa process is the most unorganized ,confused , problematic  and anti-legal immigrants visa process  in many ways .. Ap under Ds-5535 (where all the documents are ok and accepted but still VO/CO and system doesn't like you and refused to issue visa and then run away taking any responsibility ) is the prime example of this f**d up system. 

Imagin pain families going throw waiting for Ds-5535 ,  Only crime ,  the person might have some travel history , belongs to a religion and from 27 countries or have any link with those countries . Never entered USA , No crime record in USA , no crime record in other parts of the world , but still in Ds-5535 and waiting for many ,  many months to even years. 

Ok I understand US need to do so called security check I am fine with it , then why not speed up the system and give priority to spouse visa applicants whom already waiting from many years and simplifies additional security checks for them . 

15 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

Same here , This whole thing is so painful and time consuming. I waited 3 years just for interview date , Now in AP under Ds-5535 , Only stayed in on European country (I provided the Police clearance certificate from that country) , Nothing wrong with my spouse or mine documents , never applied for US visa , never entered US before , never deported , no criminal record in my country In last 10 years I worked 7 years (2 years taken by covid) , even my name is not that religious , Only reason My mind can come across is I am male , Muslim from Muslim majority country. Thats it. 

My wife is sick and doctors still not able to know why she is sick , she is on medicine , Now she and I and our 3 years old son somehow have to go throw this mental torture of Ds-5535 , and WoM and money spent on WoM and not the pain and mental stress WoM process brings with it. 

Lol I had almost 9 years on my passport expiry , Now I have to renew my passport , this is how long this whole procedure already  took  for me and still no end in the eys................  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.