quistarrok

Ways to get green card for sister quicker

23 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, quistarrok said:

Thanks. In Form I-130 for consular processing, it says that the US embassy outside the beneficiary's country of residence may not accept/process an immigrant visa. My sister currently lives in a country different from the one where the US embassy is. Should this be a concern? 

Where is your sister from, where does your sister live and where is her husband from? Has he also been entering the DV lottery? 

Filed: Other Timeline
6 minutes ago, Redro said:

Where is your sister from, where does your sister live and where is her husband from? Has he also been entering the DV lottery? 

Sister and her husband are both Russians. US embassy in Russia is closed. That it why they will need to get immigrant visa in 3rd country and I need to pick US embassy in a 3rd country. Any potential issues here with US embassy in 3rd country?

They enter DV lottery every year.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have to specify one to start off but you can change it of course should they move elsewhere or even go back to Russia.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 minutes ago, quistarrok said:

Sister and her husband are both Russians. US embassy in Russia is closed. That it why they will need to get immigrant visa in 3rd country and I need to pick US embassy in a 3rd country. Any potential issues here with US embassy in 3rd country?

join the RUB forum for any potential issues or benefits  with choosing the 3rd country. 
But, you still need to get to the consulate phase and that is many many years away… I would concentrate on DV lottery or EB waiver ideas. 

13 hours ago, quistarrok said:

Biggest issue is just getting there. Probably should designate Almaty, Kazakhstan or Tashkent, Uzbekistan as the processing post. Warsaw, Poland is the currently designated as the processing post for Russian citizens but Poland basically bans Russians from entry, though that could be worked around by flying to any other Schengen Zone country (e.g. Germany) and crossing over the border into Poland (internal borders for Schengen are unstaffed and don't perform any kind of inspection).

Alternatively you could probably just put Moscow, Russia as the post and deal with it once the time for an interview comes. What you put on the I-130 is more of gentle suggestion than a strict requirement on the state department, they will schedule it wherever they see fit and if that doesn't work for you for any reason you have to argue with the state department to move it elsewhere. Only thing that designating the post on the form does is tell USCIS "this person is abroad, forward this I-130 to the national visa center on approval" with the alternate option being "this person is in US, hold onto it for AOS".

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Demise said:

Biggest issue is just getting there. Probably should designate Almaty, Kazakhstan or Tashkent, Uzbekistan as the processing post. Warsaw, Poland is the currently designated as the processing post for Russian citizens but Poland basically bans Russians from entry, though that could be worked around by flying to any other Schengen Zone country (e.g. Germany) and crossing over the border into Poland (internal borders for Schengen are unstaffed and don't perform any kind of inspection).

Alternatively you could probably just put Moscow, Russia as the post and deal with it once the time for an interview comes. What you put on the I-130 is more of gentle suggestion than a strict requirement on the state department, they will schedule it wherever they see fit and if that doesn't work for you for any reason you have to argue with the state department to move it elsewhere. Only thing that designating the post on the form does is tell USCIS "this person is abroad, forward this I-130 to the national visa center on approval" with the alternate option being "this person is in US, hold onto it for AOS".

30 years ago was 1994 and I can not remember what the Consulate situation was then, which was closed, which was open. I doubt there will be a Schengen zone in 30 years but then I never thought the EU would survive this long.

If Putin is still around he would be in telegram from the Queen King range.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

22 hours ago, quistarrok said:

Geopolitical situation 25 years from now is impossible to predict.  Not sure why this is even a concern currently?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.