JojoandTomas

MARCH 2024 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

That’s correct.  K1 applicants do not need the Invoice Number. 

and thank you for pointing out the pdf. I haven’t actually peeked at that in a really long time. It’s something that has been included in these posts for awhile so it might be beneficial to review and see if it is still accurate

100%.  I tried the DHL hack but I'm starting to think I'm looking too soon to know if it's actually a functional tool to use. 

I do know in checking similar timelines to mine out of South Africa that we maybe should've seen some email out of the embassy this shipment, but no status update from NVC yet.  Oh well, just gotta remain patient!  Will give ti another go later this month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@hplusj Another thing I haven't managed to figure out is whether:

- our cases are automatically scheduled to be sent out on NVC's next shipment to Embassies as soon as they assign us a number 

- OR there is an intermediary step between receiving a case number and being sent to the Embassies, step during which NVC has to "documentarily qualify" our cases. 

On this forum I have read both versions: some people saying that there is no intermediary step whatsoever since the NVC's only role is to assign a case number; vs. other people that have been waiting for months since receiving a case number and their cases still haven't been shipped to the Embassies...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 3/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, JojoandTomas said:

Also, inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been very helpfully put together by senior VJ Member Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read these first as these are the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

This is so helpful! I know what date my case number was created now, so I can add that to my timeline. I know it was sent to NVC on Feb 29th and now I'm just waiting every day waiting for the next step. I'm learning now that I should be filling out the DS-160 asap. I didn't know about that form (its not mentioned anywhere in the k1 guides?)
I'm trying to learn everything I can while waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! We just received the K1-FTP email and now it shows our case is ready. Is there another email that we will be expecting to come soon regarding interview schedule from NVC? Or we can go ahead and schedule our interview now? Thanks in advance! 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Still nada.  I was looking through the NOA2 pdf from OP and am confused.  References to Greenbaum and checking to see if packet 3s have been sent: is this outdated information?  I see @Greenbaum is an account and that they used to run the NOA2 to embassy threads each month, but that wasn't the case here.  Does someone else manage packet 3s now?

19 hours ago, hplusj said:

Still nada.  I was looking through the NOA2 pdf from OP and am confused.  References to Greenbaum and checking to see if packet 3s have been sent: is this outdated information?  I see @Greenbaum is an account and that they used to run the NOA2 to embassy threads each month, but that wasn't the case here.  Does someone else manage packet 3s now?

These are old references. Thank you for pointing it out. I’ll make sure to omit them going forward as there is no one in charge of packet 3 information for all embassies that I know of. I took over the reposting of these forums NOA2 to EMBASSY posts and just copy and pasted some of the old information so I may need to just revise it

Timeline
4 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

These are old references. Thank you for pointing it out. I’ll make sure to omit them going forward as there is no one in charge of packet 3 information for all embassies that I know of. I took over the reposting of these forums NOA2 to EMBASSY posts and just copy and pasted some of the old information so I may need to just revise it

Got it.  No worries!  For South Africa the embassy supposedly sends packets 3 and 4 together so it's not terribly pertinent to me.  Even still, it will be nice to have updated info.  Thanks for carrying on the responsibility!

Timeline

Hi all! I used the DHL hack and saw that this morning a file was shipped to Paris, so I'm hoping it's mine 😊 

My CEAC status is still "At NVC" though - if it is indeed my file, then how long should it take for the status to update to "In transit"?

Thank you!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Buttercup94 said:

Hi all! I used the DHL hack and saw that this morning a file was shipped to Paris, so I'm hoping it's mine 😊 

My CEAC status is still "At NVC" though - if it is indeed my file, then how long should it take for the status to update to "In transit"?

Thank you!

I don't know the answer to this myself but if your status changes, come back and share!  I'm in the same boat as you are: something is on its way to Johannesburg, due to arrive Friday.  Still "At NVC".  Here's hoping this week has a banger end for us!

Timeline
On 4/25/2024 at 3:28 AM, hplusj said:

I don't know the answer to this myself but if your status changes, come back and share!  I'm in the same boat as you are: something is on its way to Johannesburg, due to arrive Friday.  Still "At NVC".  Here's hoping this week has a banger end for us!

Still no change of CEAC status on my end :( Stuck in "At NVC". It must have been another case they sent to the Paris Embassy. I still don't understand why it is taking them so long (longer than the two weeks that we could expect) to ship the cases once the NVC number has been assigned. I tried sending another public inquiry but their replies are generic and irrelevant. So at least another two-week cycle to wait...

On 4/24/2024 at 12:29 PM, Buttercup94 said:

Thank you!

It’ll be within the same day or following day . You’ll know it was yours if it says In Transit

Timeline
6 hours ago, Buttercup94 said:

Still no change of CEAC status on my end :( Stuck in "At NVC". It must have been another case they sent to the Paris Embassy. I still don't understand why it is taking them so long (longer than the two weeks that we could expect) to ship the cases once the NVC number has been assigned. I tried sending another public inquiry but their replies are generic and irrelevant. So at least another two-week cycle to wait...

Yeah I'm in the same boat.  Although Joberg embassy is closed the last Friday of every month, that shouldn't affect NVC status updates. 

I will just hope they pick up more in May.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.