trucphong

Part 5 I-130 Question for place I filed for my mom

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I filed petition for my mom online using I-130 form where she is living outside of US. I am now filing for my dad. I have question relating to Part 5 I-130 as followed:

1. Have you ever previously filed a petition for this beneficiary or any other lien? Yes as I filed for my mom.

Provide name, place and date of filing where I have a hard time with place: City or Town and State. I filed her application online and she will have to go through consulate process. Which city and state I need to put here? Is it my city and state? There is no service center either as this is online process.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Consulate location in your home country 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

There's a part there that asks if you're doing it in US or Outside. It proceeds this question. Make sure you choose Outside so when you reach this question, countries Outside US pop up

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 minutes ago, Timona said:

There's a part there that asks if you're doing it in US or Outside. It proceeds this question. Make sure you choose Outside so when you reach this question, countries Outside US pop up

Yeah I did not enter US city state in other question for I-485 because she lives outside US. I chose outside of US and entered city/ country for consulate process. This question in other hands do not pop up country and it is same on hard copy with city and state.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I 485 has nothing to do with your process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I 485 has nothing to do with your process.

Agreed. I think Timona thought I might answer the question 61a/b Part 4. My mom lives outside of US that is why I dont fill in City/ State questions for 61a and 61b Part 4. I only filled for 62a/b/c Part 4 questions for consulate process. 

I was asking what city/state the application was filed for my mom when I submitted her application online in Part 5 for questions 3a/b. 

Edited by trucphong
typo

Timeline

How are you filing for your dad? Online? 

Timeline

Try skipping that part and not putting anything. Long since I filed a petition online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.