OneMoreTime1

Documents for proof of bonafide marriage? RFE i485

6 posts in this topic

Letter says to provide evidence after the listed date of marriage.

All I have would be:

Joint bank account

Shared health insurance plan

2023 taxes filed under joint marriage

Plane tickets to visit my family + photos of me/wife/family altogether

Plane ticket for vacation + photo of me/wife together there

Legal wedding was CourtHouse so no pictures or anything since both families are far away, only have formal photos related to wedding (not official) the month prior in her home country.

Is this enough?  I submitted my wife to be on the apartment lease and paid the fee but don't see anywhere indicating she is on it...

No state ID/DL, only US ID would be the EAD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

State DL (or learner's permit) or State ID with same address as yours   /apply 

sending photo of NOT OFFICAL  wedding in her country may not be a good idea /it will appear as though you should have gone CR1

other photos an even plane tickets don't prove a marriage and living together

wills naming the other as bene

adding bene's name to deed or lease

adding bene to utility bill

adding bene to a credit card showing u as primary debtor

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

sending photo of NOT OFFICAL  wedding in her country may not be a good idea /it will appear as though you should have gone CR1

Yikes!

@OneMoreTime1did you already send these types of photos?

Like why you received an (unconfirmed) RFE.

4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yikes!

@OneMoreTime1did you already send these types of photos?

Like why you received an (unconfirmed) RFE.

The "wedding" photos before married was just pre-wedding photos and were never sent.  No official or legal ceremonies were done with that.  This was done after obtaining the K1 visa and just 2 weeks before arrival in US.

The original i485 application had no photos submitted.  The only documents were i485 application, i864, i131, i765, Marriage certificate, etc.  No proof of marriage life besides the marriage certificate were sent.

Original application sent in December 2023.  Had the 1st RFE that needed to prove I was a US Citizen for the i864, sent my birth certificate to clear it.  2nd RFE is about the marital life evidence.

image.png.89ca22b99ee7e37378fb481ec321065f.png

RFE Sent March 1, 2024 about Marital Life Together.

For proof that I have yet to send:

• I submitted to have her added to the lease and paid a fee for it.  I will need to reach out to the leasing office to see what official documents they can provide, assuming she was added by them.
  • Joint bank account
  • Filed taxes jointly, her name and SS# on the tax return
  • She is on my work health insurance plan
  • no TX DL since they want applicants to have legal stay (i94 expired) and not just pending authorized stay
  • "Picture of wedding and other events" - Thanksgiving with family and a vacation

image.thumb.png.02770237a01b0aca88351bd568ea05b2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.