Howard L

K1 Interview: Signature Change on Reaffirmed Intent to Marry Letter

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Filipino beneficiary here speaking. We just received the NOA2 and will prepare documents soon. Im wondering how to sign my reaffirmed intent to marry letter. We will have our interview later down the line.

My first intent to marry letter was submitted along with the petition about a year ago. It contained my new signature, but the problem is my current IDs (government issued like TIN, PhilHealth) contain my old signature.

I will make my second, reaffirmed intent to marry letter soon and am wondering whether I should go back to using my old signature, but then it would not match with the signature on my first letter of intent to marry.

Im not aware which the embassy will look more on, having the letter’s signature match across my IDs or having the letter’s signature match on the older letter. Am I better off using my old or new signature here?

Timeline

This has been gotten me overthinking, just want to make sure Im doing it right. I just found out I still need to sign my passport, and later on Im getting an NBI clearance which will also of course need a signature. I think I should just use my new signature across these two IDs and get on with it. Just wanted to see if I could get insight here first…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you talking about the way your signature looks is different? 

Your name in both are the same correct? 

If so sign it the way you want. Not one single signature of mine is the same. It's no big deal as long as it is yours.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
21 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Are you talking about the way your signature looks is different? 

Your name in both are the same correct? 

If so sign it the way you want. Not one single signature of mine is the same. It's no big deal as long as it is yours.

Yes, the good thing is both signatures do clearly contain my name. I even sign them the same way.

It’s just that my first signature only has 1 of my 2 first names and my last name, while my second signature has almost my full name: 2 first names, middle initial, last name. It still shouldn’t be a problem?

Timeline

You will be there, live and in person.  If they ask about your signature, which is unlikely, you can always sign it again right in front of them.  How you choose to sign your name is up to you alone, and you can change it whenever you want.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.