Roy an Panitta

K1 / K2 After Marriage I 485/ I 764 and I 131 Assistance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Im glad i found this topic im in the same situation as mentioned by the original poster. My K1 fiancé came in on Jan 16th with her K2 child and we just got married on Feb 2nd. Im currently looking over the 485 and 765 an 131 forms and running a rough draft filling. So i was hoping to run a few thing past you guys:

1- I-485

My intentions are to take my wife and our step daughter to the SSA an get a social security card under her maiden name an my step daughter in her original name as that will be her name on all the forms. So the SSC will match my wifes Thai passport. Then im gonna file the 3 forms in my name. By the time we go to SSA and i file the forms i dont believe she will have her SSC or SSN but we would have filed

WIFE

Form I-I485 

Part 1 #14 Has the SSA ever officially issued a SSC to you. (Answer) Yes 

If you check yes than answer

#15 which is your SSN - - -  --  ---  (answer) leave blank if we dont have her card yet

#16 Do you wont SSA to issue you a SSC YES NO ((check YES)

#17 Consent for Disclouser I authorize disclouser of information for SSA to issue me a SSC YES NO (answer) Yes

K2 Child should be the same as above except her name will be the same on all forms plus her SSC

2-  PART 1 Information about you when i last entered the USA

Im not sure about the choices listed as they dont seem to match the K1/K2 visa entry

Part 1 -25a was inspected at a port an admitted as (eg) exchange visitor, waived thru, temp worker, student

25b was inspected at port of entry an paroled (definitely not this one)

25c came into USA without admission (definitely not this one either)

25d Other- ( im figureing this one as writing K1/K2 Visa entry)

Also the Part 1 #26 if you were issued an I-94 Arrival Deperture record im assuming to leave blank or is that information on their (wife and step daughter) visa on their passport?

Part 1 #27 What is your current Immigration status? (If it has changed as since your arrivial)? Not sure what to answer since were married.

Part 2 #2 Are you applying for adjustment based on Immigratioin and Adjustment act (answer) NO

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR IMMIGRANT CATAGORY

What is derivative applicant and principal applicant- im figuring this section doesn't apply to the K1/K2 visa AOS correct?

Part 6 Information about your children

my wife has 3 kids 2 that will be follow on's later this year an one that came immediatly. All 3 are listed on the I-129F when we filled and at her interview my wife told the immigrations officer that the other 2 will be follow on's.

So here on this section I'm figuring that all 3 should be listed. 

3- FORM I-765

WIFE

Filed in my name and use her maiden name in the previous names sections

Part 2 #13a-  Has SSA ever issued you a SSC YES NO (answer) Yes 

If answered yes provide information on 13b

#13b-  SSN ---  --  ---   (Answer) leave blank if we dont have her card yet

#14- Do you wont SSSA to issue you a SSC? YES NO (answer) Yes

#15 Consent for Disclouser-  YES NO (answer) Yes

Part 2  #21a form 1-94 arrival departure record number?  Where can i find that?

Thank you guys ahead of time i know its alot and alot of it has already been covered here on this thread. Im looking for feedback that im going in the right direction. 

Just one more thing if for some reason we dont go to the SSA to file for cards and i file the forms will y answers change in any way. Wondering as im still filing that i still wont SSA to issue a card. Just wondering as i still intend to got sometime this week.

Edited by Roy an Panitta

1 minute ago, Roy an Panitta said:

Hello Im glad i found this topic im in the same situation as mentioned by the original poster. My K1 fiancé came in on Jan 16th with her K2 child and we just got married on Feb 2nd. Im currently looking over the 485 and 765 an 131 forms and running a rough draft filling. So i was hoping to run a few thing past you guys:

1- I-485

My intentions are to take my wife and our step daughter to the SSA an get a social security card under her maiden name an my step daughter

SD not eligible for SSN until after EAD or GC approval. 

in her original name as that will be her name on all the forms. So the SSC will match my wifes Thai passport. Then im gonna file the 3 forms in my name. By the time we go to SSA and i file the forms i dont believe she will have her SSC or SSN but we would have filed

WIFE

Form I-I485 

#15 which is your SSN - - -  --  ---  (answer) leave blank if we dont have her card yet

Write N/A. Don't leave anything blank as instructions state.

#17 Consent for Disclouser I authorize disclouser of information for SSA to issue me a SSC YES NO (answer) Yes

K2 Child should be the same as above except her name will be the same on all forms plus her SSC

Again K2 is not eligible for SSN at this time.

That's as much as I will answer here as the topic of the thread is SSNs.

Changing the topic of posts is called high jacking and not acceptable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,  My K1 fiancé came in on Jan 16th with her K2 child and we just got married on Feb 2nd. Im currently looking over the 485 and 765 an 131 forms and running a rough draft filling. So i was hoping to run a few thing past you guys:

1- I-485

My intentions are to take my wife and our step daughter to the SSA an get a social security card under her maiden name an my step daughter in her original name as that will be her name on all the forms. So the SSC will match my wifes Thai passport. Then im gonna file the 3 forms in my name. By the time we go to SSA and i file the forms i dont believe she will have her SSC or SSN but we would have filed

WIFE

Form I-I485 

2-  PART 1 Information about you when i last entered the USA

Im not sure about the choices listed as they dont seem to match the K1/K2 visa entry

Part 1 -25a was inspected at a port an admitted as (eg) exchange visitor, waived thru, temp worker, student

25b was inspected at port of entry an paroled (definitely not this one)

25c came into USA without admission (definitely not this one either)

25d Other- ( im figureing this one as writing K1/K2 Visa entry)

Also the Part 1 #26 if you were issued an I-94 Arrival Deperture record im assuming to leave blank or is that information on their (wife and step daughter) visa on their passport?

Part 1 #27 What is your current Immigration status? (If it has changed as since your arrivial)? Not sure what to answer since were married.

Part 2 #2 Are you applying for adjustment based on Immigratioin and Adjustment act (answer) NO

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR IMMIGRANT CATAGORY

What is derivative applicant and principal applicant- im figuring this section doesn't apply to the K1/K2 visa AOS correct?

Part 6 Information about your children

my wife has 3 kids 2 that will be follow on's later this year an one that came immediatly. All 3 are listed on the I-129F when we filled and at her interview my wife told the immigrations officer that the other 2 will be follow on's.

So here on this section I'm figuring that all 3 should be listed. 

3- FORM I-765

WIFE

Filed in my name and use her maiden name in the previous names sections

Part 2 #13a-  Has SSA ever issued you a SSC YES NO (answer) Yes 

If answered yes provide information on 13b

#13b-  SSN ---  --  ---   (Answer) leave blank if we dont have her card yet

#14- Do you wont SSSA to issue you a SSC? YES NO (answer) Yes

#15 Consent for Disclouser-  YES NO (answer) Yes

Part 2  #21a form 1-94 arrival departure record number?  Where can i find that?

Thank you guys ahead of time i know its alot and alot of it has already been covered here on this thread. Im looking for feedback that im going in the right direction. 

Just one more thing if for some reason we dont go to the SSA to file for cards and i file the forms will y answers change in any way. Wondering as im still filing that i still wont SSA to issue a card. Just wondering as i still intend to got sometime this week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.