Rosalea

Mother's middle name misspelled in I-485 form

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I submitted my I-485 (through marriage) application in November and I just realised I spelled my Mum's middle name wrong in the form (there are 2 L's in the name and I only put 1) and doesn't match what it says on my birth certificate. Is this gonna matter or get DENIED? I already got (and responded to) an RFE but that was about the I-864. Not sure if I should redo the I-485 and upload it online (there's already like a million things on there for my RFE).

3 hours ago, Rosalea said:

I submitted my I-485 (through marriage) application in November and I just realised I spelled my Mum's middle name wrong in the form (there are 2 L's in the name and I only put 1) and doesn't match what it says on my birth certificate. Is this gonna matter or get DENIED? I already got (and responded to) an RFE but that was about the I-864. Not sure if I should redo the I-485 and upload it online (there's already like a million things on there for my RFE).

You may get an RFE and / or you may get an interview. Those are going to be perfect opportunities to fix answers.

Timeline
3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Are you planning to petition your mom?

No? Doesn't matter then.

Yes? Matters and you'll need to fix. 

This is the conclusion I ended up coming to after thinking about it for a while! Thank you for your clarity! I'm not petitioning her and it's also her middle name so I figure it won't be an issue. Or, I won't get straight up denied for it at least haha.

49 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

This is the conclusion I ended up coming to after thinking about it for a while! Thank you for your clarity! I'm not petitioning her and it's also her middle name so I figure it won't be an issue. Or, I won't get straight up denied for it at least haha.

If you get an interview or RFE I'd mention it.

Otherwise, it seems immaterial.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If you get an interview or RFE I'd mention it.

Otherwise, it seems immaterial.

Ok I'll remember that! Thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.