AlamMd

Employment Based Preference 2 (EB2) interview time

6 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Anyone waiting for an interview date at US embassy in Dhaka for EB2 category? My priority date was Nov 2022, DQed in Aug 2023 and priority date will become current in Feb 2024. Just wanted to have an idea how much the embassy in Dhaka takes to issue interview letter.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

there is a yearly limit on EB2 visas issued so u wait on visa availability

Approximately 40,000 EB2 visas will be given each year. Additionally, no more than 7% of EB2 visas can go to applicants from one country. This means that if you are a national of a country with many applicants, the wait to receive a visa will be longer.

9 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

there is a yearly limit on EB2 visas issued so u wait on visa availability

Approximately 40,000 EB2 visas will be given each year. Additionally, no more than 7% of EB2 visas can go to applicants from one country. This means that if you are a national of a country with many applicants, the wait to receive a visa will be longer.

See above - his PD becomes current next month.

Edited by appleblossom

48 minutes ago, AlamMd said:

Anyone waiting for an interview date at US embassy in Dhaka for EB2 category? My priority date was Nov 2022, DQed in Aug 2023 and priority date will become current in Feb 2024. Just wanted to have an idea how much the embassy in Dhaka takes to issue interview letter.

Thanks in advance!

You've posted this in the family based section of the forum, I'd suggest you ask a lovely mod to move it to either the relevant country forum, or the employment based one. There's a big thread for EB2 applicants that may be helpful too. 

This is for CR1 applicants (which will have priority for interviews over your case), but may give you an idea at least, looks like it's at least 6 months - 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
7 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You've posted this in the family based section of the forum, I'd suggest you ask a lovely mod to move it to either the relevant country forum, or the employment based one. There's a big thread for EB2 applicants that may be helpful too. 

This is for CR1 applicants (which will have priority for interviews over your case), but may give you an idea at least, looks like it's at least 6 months - 

Good luck. 

Thank you! New to this site and confused where to submit my query! I will find the thread you refereed. 

11 minutes ago, AlamMd said:

Thank you! New to this site and confused where to submit my query! I will find the thread you refereed. 

It's in the NVC section of the forum I think, a long thread for EB1 & EB2 applicants. I don't think there is anybody applying via Dhaka though, but still worth a read. 

Good luck, hope you have an interview at some point this year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.