Waitingtoexhale12

Moving overseas while i-751 pending

5 posts in this topic

Hello, start off by saying I do not want to apply for naturalization even though I know it is easier for military. 

My husband got orders to Japan and I am on his orders and will be accompanying him. 

My i-751 is pending. Has anyone had to fly back to the states and have their interview? what rough timeframe did they give you between receiving the notice and the interview date. I don't know how realistic it will be for me to fly back short notice. 

Thanks, 

36 minutes ago, Waitingtoexhale12 said:

Hello, start off by saying I do not want to apply for naturalization even though I know it is easier for military. 

My husband got orders to Japan and I am on his orders and will be accompanying him. 

My i-751 is pending. Has anyone had to fly back to the states and have their interview? what rough timeframe did they give you between receiving the notice and the interview date. I don't know how realistic it will be for me to fly back short notice. 

Thanks, 

Majority of I-751 don't require the interview, as long as you submit enough of good marital evidence.

Questions:

- how are you going to maintain your LPR status? Are you going to file a reentry permit?

- where are you going to receive correspondence from USCIS? Do you have a stable mailing address?

Interviews usually happen within 12-24 months of filing.

14 hours ago, Waitingtoexhale12 said:

Thanks, 

Have you received hard orders already? If so, I would try to expedite the process based on this. Seen this go through a few times now. If whoever you are speaking to isn't being helpful... HUCA.

Alternatively you could also upload the orders as unsolicited evidence. That might just push for it to be approved without interview whenever they get to it.

13 hours ago, OldUser said:

Majority of I-751 don't require the interview, as long as you submit enough of good marital evidence.

Questions:

- how are you going to maintain your LPR status? Are you going to file a reentry permit?

- where are you going to receive correspondence from USCIS? Do you have a stable mailing address?

If he/she is on orders that is enough to satisfy requirements as to maintain LPR status. No reentry permit or else required. OCONUS they will have an APO address that can be used as a mailing address.

asdf

On 1/20/2024 at 3:23 AM, ghostinthemachine said:

Have you received hard orders already? If so, I would try to expedite the process based on this. Seen this go through a few times now. If whoever you are speaking to isn't being helpful... HUCA.

Alternatively you could also upload the orders as unsolicited evidence. That might just push for it to be approved without interview whenever they get to it.

If he/she is on orders that is enough to satisfy requirements as to maintain LPR status. No reentry permit or else required. OCONUS they will have an APO address that can be used as a mailing address.

I have hard orders already and tried to call but they were very unhelpful. Will try calling again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/19/2024 at 7:37 PM, OldUser said:

Questions:

She does not need a re-entry permit as long as she is under her husband's military orders overseas. 

OP: I would reach out to USCIS by calling their military hotline. Washington DC field office handles many if not most military families. Perhaps ask to have it transferred to their office if at all possible. My I-751 was requested by Washington DC once I filed my N-400. However, I do believe the naturalisation process triggered the file request (which took 4 weeks for one field office to mail it to the other if I recall correctly). I then had a combo interview and both I-751 and N-400 were approved on the same day. My husband did not need to join us but it would have been difficult with all the quarantine regulations and travel limitations in 2020.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.