coolKid1984

Warsaw Embassy - What is the time to receive visa?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys,

My fiancee (from Russia) is having her K1 interview at the Warsaw embassy on 4/29.  We are trying to plan our trip to the U.S. and trying to approximate the time it should take to get the visa back.  On their site it says 3-5 business days after the interview, but when I emailed their support they said they cannot provide an estimate.  Has anyone gotten the K1 visa from Warsaw recently and how long after the interview did it take you?  Planning the trip back after 7 business days but worried that might not be enough.   Thanks in advance for any responses.

Having fun going through the K-1 process...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

If it were me after the BS we went through I  would not spend a dime trying to plan anything. The staff at the Embassies are notoriously rude, unhelpful and its not possible to plan anything or get a straight answer why fight it, it will never change.  Also  Frankly  .there is no need for you to be at the interview, the Embassy really doesn't want you there anyway.  I would let her go to the interview, and then once she has the US VISA see her once she gets over to the US. 

Worse case is the possibility she will have issues with VISA for Poland if she doesn't already have a Shengen Visa ... in order to get to the interview.  If you think its a pain dealing with the US Embassy wait till she deals with the Polish Embassy for that VISA. Do Russia and Poland even still have ongoing diplomatic relations?   Its not exactly a friendly time for these countries. 

I do recommend Polonia Palace Hotel which is directly across from the train station if you decide to go anyway. Good Luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/8/2024 at 6:13 PM, coolKid1984 said:

Hi guys,

My fiancee (from Russia) is having her K1 interview at the Warsaw embassy on 4/29.  We are trying to plan our trip to the U.S. and trying to approximate the time it should take to get the visa back.  On their site it says 3-5 business days after the interview, but when I emailed their support they said they cannot provide an estimate.  Has anyone gotten the K1 visa from Warsaw recently and how long after the interview did it take you?  Planning the trip back after 7 business days but worried that might not be enough.   Thanks in advance for any responses.

You don't know ahead of time if she will be put into administrative processing, or how long it will take to issue the visa. I would get refundable tickets if you do decide to stay on your route. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Sorry my mistake misread  you were trying to go to Warsaw at the time of the interview. Agree with above poster definitely get non refundable tickets the situation over there is not optimal..  lots of issues with transportation and deliveries and relations between Poland and Russia.   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

For us (K-1 interview June 2022), it took about 3 business days for it be delivered to the MBE office in Warsaw for pick-up. I agree, however, that you cannot bank on an immediate approval as there are unfortunate examples of long Administrative Processing. 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.