mapi

Newborn between DQ and interview

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My case got DQ'ed late November and my wife just gave birth to our son. On January 23 I have my interview. 

I want to use the belt and suspenders approach to minimize any risk, thus I bringing an updated affidavit with me to the interview.

I am simply adding 1 dependent child to the i864 of my wife and let her sign it.

My actual question is: do the i864 of my joint sponsor and the i864a of the js spouse need to update anything in theirs?

I found this thread, but I was unable to figure it out:

Thank you all for helping!

That's pretty much all you need. You can also bring a copy of baby's birth certificate if you need any extra evidence of relationship.

Nothing for the joint sponsor as baby is not added to their household size. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, mapi said:

Hi all,

My case got DQ'ed late November and my wife just gave birth to our son. On January 23 I have my interview. 

I want to use the belt and suspenders approach to minimize any risk, thus I bringing an updated affidavit with me to the interview.

I am simply adding 1 dependent child to the i864 of my wife and let her sign it.

My actual question is: do the i864 of my joint sponsor and the i864a of the js spouse need to update anything in theirs?

I found this thread, but I was unable to figure it out:

Thank you all for helping!

Congratulations !!! Can you confirm that your child was born in the US and is hence a USC? 

Edited by Lil bear

39 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Congratulations !!! Can you confirm that your child was born in the US and is hence a USC? 

Thank you! My wife and I are living in the Netherlands together. We just filed the CRBA at Amsterdam.

5 hours ago, milimelo said:

That's pretty much all you need. You can also bring a copy of baby's birth certificate if you need any extra evidence of relationship.

Nothing for the joint sponsor as baby is not added to their household size. 

Thank you! I was planning on bringing that one. Good one!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, mapi said:

Thank you! I was planning on bringing that one. Good one!

If you are filling CRBA  then I am pretty certain that  you will need to get the childs Passport before you try to enter the US   This requires you demonstrating that the USC parent meets the residency requirement for passing citizenship on to the child. 

https://common.usembassy.gov/en/crba/

Edited by Lil bear

1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

If you are filling CRBA  then I am pretty certain that  you will need to get the childs Passport before you try to enter the US   This requires you demonstrating that the USC parent meets the residency requirement for passing citizenship on to the child. 

Yes. Thank you. 

Nowhere I said that we would enter without that. This topic is about my CR1 Interview.

The baby is taken care of. CRBA us filed and passport is included in this process.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mapi said:

Yes. Thank you. 

Nowhere I said that we would enter without that. This topic is about my CR1 Interview.

The baby is taken care of. CRBA us filed and passport is included in this process.

Good to hear. Threads like this are often read by those coming after you. There have been many instances where parents have not understood that CRBA and passport application are two different things. 

Just now, Lil bear said:

Good to hear. Threads like this are often read by those coming after you. There have been many instances where parents have not understood that CRBA and passport application are two different things. 

Alright, no worries.

The CRBA and passport are requested. Waiting for an appointment at the Dutch Embassy. My interview is at the end of January and we're moving in May. Enough time to get all the paperwork done 

Timeline
Just now, mapi said:

Alright, no worries.

The CRBA and passport are requested. Waiting for an appointment at the Dutch Embassy. My interview is at the end of January and we're moving in May. Enough time to get all the paperwork done 

Hopefully yes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.