JaneStaark

Case number after receiving NOA2

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello everyone! I read a lot of topics and comments here. They're very helpful. Didn't find much information about this small detail, so hope you'll help me. 

We received our NOA2 in the mailbox on Dec.12 (idk what took them so long to send it, cuz the date of approval is Dec. 1) It says that our case will be at NVC from now and we would get case number. Question is how we'll receive this case number? Email or actual letter? Found some comments that people called them to get this number. And after we get it, where can we track the case progress? 

38 minutes ago, JaneStaark said:

Hello everyone! I read a lot of topics and comments here. They're very helpful. Didn't find much information about this small detail, so hope you'll help me. 

We received our NOA2 in the mailbox on Dec.12 (idk what took them so long to send it, cuz the date of approval is Dec. 1) It says that our case will be at NVC from now and we would get case number. Question is how we'll receive this case number? Email or actual letter? Found some comments that people called them to get this number. And after we get it, where can we track the case progress? 

If you included your email address with the petition everything from NVC is electronic. 

Your case will be trackable at ceac.gov

Timeline

Updates: found topic "NOVEMBER 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY" (waiting for the topic with December) with a lot of new info. But still want to be sure about my question. 
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I ask simple and stupid questions. 

And thank you all for answers!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IWander said:

If you included your email address with the petition everything from NVC is electronic.

Is it okay if the petitioner mail address is on papers? Is it mean that he'll receive all the updates on his mail? 

Thanks a lot! 

5 minutes ago, JaneStaark said:

Updates: found topic "NOVEMBER 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY" (waiting for the topic with December) with a lot of new info. But still want to be sure about my question. 
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I ask simple and stupid questions. 

And thank you all for answers!!!

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/815681-december-2023-k1-to-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy-edited-title/

Just didn't look far enough 

1 minute ago, JaneStaark said:

Is it okay if the petitioner mail address is on papers? Is it mean that he'll receive all the updates on his mail? 

Thanks a lot! 

Correct but there will only be one email and that is when the petition is sent to the Consulate 

Edited by IWander

Timeline
1 minute ago, IWander said:

oh, thanks again! yeah, keep trying to learn how it all works here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.