VideoDunderr

CR-1 Interview - Scheduling Biometrics Appointment on USTravelDocs?

6 posts in this topic

I have applied for a CR-1 visa as the spouse of a US citizen. My visa interview appointment has been scheduled at the Mumbai consulate. The Mumbai pre-interview instructions (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/BMB-Mumbai.html) say that a Visa Application Center biometrics appointment is required prior to the interview. According to these instructions, I need to schedule this appointment at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/.

I created an account on that website as an immigrant visa applicant, and now it is prompting me to start a visa application. I am confused by this, as I have already applied for the visa and am just trying to schedule an appointment. Am I supposed to fill out this application form? Or is there something different I need to do in order to schedule the appointment for biometrics?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, VideoDunderr said:

I have applied for a CR-1 visa as the spouse of a US citizen. My visa interview appointment has been scheduled at the Mumbai consulate. The Mumbai pre-interview instructions (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/BMB-Mumbai.html) say that a Visa Application Center biometrics appointment is required prior to the interview. According to these instructions, I need to schedule this appointment at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/.

I created an account on that website as an immigrant visa applicant, and now it is prompting me to start a visa application. I am confused by this, as I have already applied for the visa and am just trying to schedule an appointment. Am I supposed to fill out this application form? Or is there something different I need to do in order to schedule the appointment for biometrics?

You need to follow the prompts and fill out the form you mentioned for the biometrics appointment . You can choose the location, day and time for your appointment. My husband has his interview next month in Mumbai and just went though the medical and biometrics appointments in New Delhi with no problems. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:08 PM, Summerbrezz07 said:

You need to follow the prompts and fill out the form you mentioned for the biometrics appointment . You can choose the location, day and time for your appointment. My husband has his interview next month in Mumbai and just went though the medical and biometrics appointments in New Delhi with no problems. 

Thanks. I did all that and now I have a biometrics appointment. Following is all I need for Biometrics, right?

1. DS-260 confirmation page.

2. Biometrics appointment confirmation page.

3. Two 2x2 inch US size passport photos.

4. Original Passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, VideoDunderr said:

Thanks. I did all that and now I have a biometrics appointment. Following is all I need for Biometrics, right?

1. DS-260 confirmation page.

2. Biometrics appointment confirmation page.

3. Two 2x2 inch US size passport photos.

4. Original Passport.

Yes that is correct . I don’t recall if it was asked for or necessary ,but my husband also had with him copy of our marriage certificate and a copy of the email with his visa interview date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.