matchakat

DQ timeline after missing doc request

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I’ve been waiting patiently for my DQ but unfortunately this morning we got an email from NVC asking for a missing document. Fortunately I can get this document ready very quickly and hand it to my attorney in a matter of a couple of days but I am wondering how long it will now take until I get DQ… am I back to the end of the queue? Or will they resume processing our case soon-ish? 

33 minutes ago, matchakat said:

Hi all,

I’ve been waiting patiently for my DQ but unfortunately this morning we got an email from NVC asking for a missing document. Fortunately I can get this document ready very quickly and hand it to my attorney in a matter of a couple of days but I am wondering how long it will now take until I get DQ… am I back to the end of the queue? Or will they resume processing our case soon-ish? 

Usually back to the start I'm afraid, but it's super quick anyway at the moment, only 11 days or so. 

Can you not just send it yourself instead of adding the extra step of sending it to your attorney and then waiting for him/her to do it?

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

30 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Usually back to the start I'm afraid, but it's super quick anyway at the moment, only 11 days or so. 

Can you not just send it yourself instead of adding the extra step of sending it to your attorney and then waiting for him/her to do it?

Good luck. 

Thank you @appleblossom
yes the processing time is not too bad at the moment - it’s unfortunate we are getting close to the holidays now. 
Out attorney is in the US so I figure it’s quicker if he mails the missing document to NVC… in any case, I hope this one last piece of document is the last thing we have to send them! Gathering of civil documents has been a real nightmare for us :( 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

In January of 2017, we received an "RFE" from NVC due to an attorney error.  That was after 12 weeks of NVC processing.  After the attorney sent the missing documents, it took ANOTHER 12 weeks to get a "case complete" email.  Yes, our case was at NVC for 24 weeks. I hope things are better now. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

12 minutes ago, matchakat said:

Thank you @appleblossom
yes the processing time is not too bad at the moment - it’s unfortunate we are getting close to the holidays now. 
Out attorney is in the US so I figure it’s quicker if he mails the missing document to NVC… in any case, I hope this one last piece of document is the last thing we have to send them! Gathering of civil documents has been a real nightmare for us :( 

Ah, I see, when you said 'hand it', I assumed you were in the same place as your attorney. Yes, better to email it to him and have him post it then (assuming it's not an original doc that's needed of course). 

Edited by appleblossom

7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

In January of 2017, we received an "RFE" from NVC due to an attorney error.  That was after 12 weeks of NVC processing.  After the attorney sent the missing documents, it took ANOTHER 12 weeks to get a "case complete" email.  Yes, our case was at NVC for 24 weeks. I hope things are better now. 

Oh I bet you had some choice words for your attorney! What a nightmare. Much better now thankfully, only 11 days from docs received to DQ. It's been pretty good all year apart from a blip in the summer when it jumped up hugely, and an increase at the start of the year, presumably due to the Xmas backlog. https://visawhen.com/nvc

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Oh I bet you had some choice words for your attorney!

We dumped him before the interview....then did Removal of Conditions and Citizenship ourselves. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

We dumped him before the interview....then did Removal of Conditions and Citizenship ourselves. 

Can't say I blame you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.