Afghanguy

RFE received after 1 year (Merged x2)

35 posts in this topic

My I-130 was mailed almost 1 year ago and today on USCIS its asking for

request for additional evidence..

they should be mailing me something...i trippled checked before sending application to make sure everything was included now its gotten me worried..wonder what they are asking for.

is this something that will delay my case again?

Edited by Crazy Cat

After one year I finally got a notice for RFE. I submitted only english translation of my marriage certificate and forgot to provide them original arabic version.

Now they are asking me for original arabic version along with name of the registars that did the translation. No problem I have it but I am confused. Do I submit these 2 documents via USCIS website by attaching the files or do I mail it via postal?

In the notice letter they asked me to include the COVER SHEET on top of my documents...Can I take a screenshot of the cover sheet and upload it with my documents or print everything and mail it via postal.

note - in notice letter they are asking to mail but there is also option of uploading documents via uscis.

thank you

• Crazy Cat changed the title to RFE received after 1 year (Merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Topics merged.  Please keep questions under this thread for clarity**

- VJ Moderation

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Afghanguy said:

After one year I finally got a notice for RFE. I submitted only english translation of my marriage certificate and forgot to provide them original arabic version.

Now they are asking me for original arabic version along with name of the registars that did the translation. No problem I have it but I am confused. Do I submit these 2 documents via USCIS website by attaching the files or do I mail it via postal?

In the notice letter they asked me to include the COVER SHEET on top of my documents...Can I take a screenshot of the cover sheet and upload it with my documents or print everything and mail it via postal.

note - in notice letter they are asking to mail but there is also option of uploading documents via uscis.

thank you

You can't upload an original document.  If they asked for the original and instructed you to mail, then do exactly what it says....Mail it.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

32 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

You can't upload an original document.  If they asked for the original and instructed you to mail, then do exactly what it says....Mail it.

Who told you they are asking for originals?? they gave me an option to upload online or mail but in the notice letter saying to include cover letter how am i going to include cover letter if i am uplaoding!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Afghanguy said:

Who told you they are asking for originals?? they gave me an option to upload online or mail but in the notice letter saying to include cover letter how am i going to include cover letter if i am uplaoding!!

You said "Now they are asking me for original arabic version".  You also said " in notice letter they are asking to mail "

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
1 minute ago, Afghanguy said:

i apologize i meant arabic  version...

If they gave you an option, then you can upload a copy of cover letter.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

If they gave you an option, then you can upload a copy of cover letter.

you are still not understand. the notice letter is a separate PDF which contains a COVER LETTER its 4 pages , i took screenshot of cover letter for you, do i upload the screenshot or should i mail everything in via postal? as you can see on top of cover letter its saying to mail...but on uscis website it also gave me option to UPLOAD documents..so this is whats confusing me.

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 12.14.12 PM.png

Timeline

This RFE instructs you to mail the evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a RFE for my CR1 about 9-10 days ago. I mailed my evidence and arrived to USCIS on Dec 14. Yet it's still showing on USCIS waiting for RFE to be sent...How long does it take for them to update the website that my RFE was received.

Note - I mailed the evidence via postal mail not uploaded on website. Should I also upload the evidence via the website to speed things up or no?

Thank you

5 minutes ago, Afghanguy said:

I received a RFE for my CR1 about 9-10 days ago. I mailed my evidence and arrived to USCIS on Dec 14. Yet it's still showing on USCIS waiting for RFE to be sent...How long does it take for them to update the website that my RFE was received.

Note - I mailed the evidence via postal mail not uploaded on website. Should I also upload the evidence via the website to speed things up or no?

Thank you

It takes up 30 days.  

Another thread merged. Any more new threads on this topic (RFE that you received) will result in admin action against your account for spamming.

VJ Moderation 

9 minutes ago, Afghanguy said:

The status may never update. I have seen that many times. It’s simply unreliable. As long as you have proof of delivery, you’re covered.

9 minutes ago, Afghanguy said:

The RFE screenshot from before instructs to mail, not upload 

Edited by powerpuff

• powerpuff changed the title to RFE received after 1 year (Merged x2)

hi guys...I finally got an update on my case via uscis website. not sure what this means...she will not be applying for anything in morocco other than go to her visa interview whenever that time comes. are they forwarding my case to NVC now?

The above petition has been approved. However, you indicated on the petition that the beneficiary intends to apply for an immigrant visa abroad at a U.S. Embassy or a U.S. Consulate and will also apply for adjustment of status in the United States. Since you have indicated both options, USCIS has retained the petition.

If the beneficiary intends to apply for adjustment of status in the United States, they should submit a copy of this notice, along with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. They can obtain Form I-485 from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov, by contacting the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283, or by visiting the local USCIS field office. Filing address information can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.
If the beneficiary decides to apply for an immigrant visa outside the United States based on this petition, you should file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we send the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.
The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.
THIS NOTICE IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.