CL1125

NVC DQ But Received Message (Insufficient Income)

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Today we received our DQ email from NVC! We are happy but also received this message:

"The income reported as stated on form I-864 is insufficient to overcome the public charge grounds of inadmissibility for visa issuance. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos and https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. A consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview. Note: You, as the sponsor, and any other sponsors household members and joint sponsors, must provide updated or additional evidence for the applicant to present at the time of their interview such as:   *  Other income   *  Assets   *  Proof of current employment Note: You submitted documentation to the National Visa Center through the Consular Electronic Application Center CEAC. You can continue to upload documents to CEAC up until the date of your visa interview."

I believe this is because during my 2022 Tax Year I filed for FEIE (live abroad) which made my 1040 total income very low. However, I put my Current Income (more than enough) on the I-864 and also uploaded pay slips and a letter from my US employer stating my income and that it would continue when I return to the US. Does NVC not consider these at this point? I'm just surprised because I was under the impression that "Current Income" is a lot more important than previous years income. I would really prefer not to have to find a joint sponsor but will we be rejected at interview for not getting one? I've seen a couple of other posts about this here, but am looking for someone who's had this message and been through interview stage without getting the sponsor, if possible. Thanks!

1 hour ago, CL1125 said:

Today we received our DQ email from NVC!

Since you already got the DQ email, your case will now be queued for interview and you can safely ignore that message for the NVC stage.  That's just a generic message sent by NVC to those with taxed income less than the minimum required for sponsorship, regardless of their actual financial capability.  Key point here is that the "consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview."

As for the visa interview in Manila, evidence of current income is really more important than past income.  If your current income is well above the minimum required, no need for a joint sponsor.  Maybe a week before your wife's interview, upload a more recent pay stub to CEAC.  If you can get a more recently-dated letter from your employer guaranteeing continuation of your job in the US, that would be good too.  Make sure the employer letter is also uploaded to CEAC.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chancy said:

Since you already got the DQ email, your case will now be queued for interview and you can safely ignore that message for the NVC stage.  That's just a generic message sent by NVC to those with taxed income less than the minimum required for sponsorship, regardless of their actual financial capability.  Key point here is that the "consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview."

As for the visa interview in Manila, evidence of current income is really more important than past income.  If your current income is well above the minimum required, no need for a joint sponsor.  Maybe a week before your wife's interview, upload a more recent pay stub to CEAC.  If you can get a more recently-dated letter from your employer guaranteeing continuation of your job in the US, that would be good too.  Make sure the employer letter is also uploaded to CEAC.

Exactly correct.  Ignore that message, in your situation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

7 hours ago, Chancy said:

I will do just that. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.