Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife was just DQ it will be at the Manila office, I know that I will be filling my 2023 taxes before her interview do I upload it to our documents or does she just take a copy, I seen one guy from last year that they wanted it uploaded 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Timmy Clark said:

I seen one guy from last year that they wanted it uploaded 

Then upload, and ask her to take a copy, too.  Uploading will not delay the interview scheduling.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

______________________________________

August 7, 2022: Wife file N-400 Online

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

 

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Timmy Clark said:

My wife was just DQ it will be at the Manila office, I know that I will be filling my 2023 taxes before her interview do I upload it to our documents or does she just take a copy

 

For Manila, make sure that all civil documents and any updated financial support documents (including tax paperwork) are uploaded to CEAC prior to the interview.  If the document screener at USEM sees that the files in CEAC are outdated, they will not allow the visa applicant to proceed to the interview with the consul officer.  Worst case, the applicant will be told to leave and return after the documents have been scanned and uploaded.  USEM might offer a scanning service within the consulate premises, but I'm not sure if that's available to all applicants or if it was just a special service to elderly applicants at the time of my interview in Nov 2021.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chancy said:

 

For Manila, make sure that all civil documents and any updated financial support documents (including tax paperwork) are uploaded to CEAC prior to the interview.  If the document screener at USEM sees that the files in CEAC are outdated, they will not allow the visa applicant to proceed to the interview with the consul officer.  Worst case, the applicant will be told to leave and return after the documents have been scanned and uploaded.  USEM might offer a scanning service within the consulate premises, but I'm not sure if that's available to all applicants or if it was just a special service to elderly applicants at the time of my interview in Nov 2021.

 

Thanks for the quick response I will probably have more questions later on ,my attorney has been useless he told me I didn't need to upload them. 

One more question my wife's updated passport with her married name will be in Tuesday does she need to upload it also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Timmy Clark said:

my wife's updated passport with her married name will be in Tuesday does she need to upload it also?

 

Yes, upload a scan of the new passport bio page.  Since the case is already DQ, no need to rush the uploads.  I recommend uploading the updated documents maybe 1 week before her interview date.  I uploaded mine the day before my interview and it was fine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...