Y and M

How long to get Passport back after visa is approved? K1 Visa in Dominican Republic

8 posts in this topic

Hello, My fiancee and I got approved for the K1 Visa in the Dominican Republic on Nov 8th of this year. How long does it take to get the email that the passport is ready? The officer said 2 weeks at the end of the appointment, but we are over our two week mark.

CEAC says visa is in "ready" for interview status (as of November 14th) and UStraveldocs is blank as of today. Every time I call they do not give much information except for that "ready" status.

53 minutes ago, Y and M said:

Hello, My fiancee and I got approved for the K1 Visa in the Dominican Republic on Nov 8th of this year. How long does it take to get the email that the passport is ready? The officer said 2 weeks at the end of the appointment, but we are over our two week mark.

CEAC says visa is in "ready" for interview status (as of November 14th) and UStraveldocs is blank as of today. Every time I call they do not give much information except for that "ready" status.

No set time frame.  You won't see anything until the status goes to issued.  

On 11/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, Y and M said:

Hello, my fiancé is from the DR as well. The passport has been taking long for everyone so it isn’t just a one off thing. The official estimate is 2 weeks but it can be anywhere from 2-5 weeks. Calling won’t do much cause it’s just about them issuing the visa at this point but it’s good to maintain contact at least 1 or 2 times a week  just to see if there are any updates. Only thing you can do is check your car daily and see if it updates to Issued

On 12/1/2023 at 5:47 AM, JojoandTomas said:

Hello, my fiancé is from the DR as well. The passport has been taking long for everyone so it isn’t just a one off thing. The official estimate is 2 weeks but it can be anywhere from 2-5 weeks. Calling won’t do much cause it’s just about them issuing the visa at this point but it’s good to maintain contact at least 1 or 2 times a week  just to see if there are any updates. Only thing you can do is check your car daily and see if it updates to Issued

Good to hear that it’s not only us. We still haven’t heard back yet, but I guess it is just a waiting game

On 12/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, Y and M said:

Good to hear that it’s not only us. We still haven’t heard back yet, but I guess it is just a waiting game

Have you sent your inquiries to them? You should call and email (both) to make sure

On 12/9/2023 at 1:00 PM, JojoandTomas said:

Have you sent your inquiries to them? You should call and email (both) to make sure

This past Friday our case status in CEAC officially changed to "Issued", but USTraveldocs is still blank so I assume we now just wait to get the email that the passport is ready for pickup. I called multiple times, but no luck on getting any new information.

4 hours ago, Y and M said:

This past Friday our case status in CEAC officially changed to "Issued", but USTraveldocs is still blank so I assume we now just wait to get the email that the passport is ready for pickup. I called multiple times, but no luck on getting any new information.

That’s great. Do you have the link to the MBE website? You just enter your passport number and It’ll give you accurate passport updates

l

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.