MelindaandTarek

Happy Saturday

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
WoooHooo!!!! Survived the mall and back to school shopping. Only thing I missed was a cinammon and sugar pretzel. As a result I will make funnel cakes tonight. My daughter saw that movie and she loved it. Think tomorrow may be a lake day after curch.

Doodle - will my funnel cakes be sufficient? Then the lake tomorrow?

only if there is a TON of powdered sugar on top of that funnel cake...then MAYBE i'll forgive the fact that you didn't have that pretzel. :(

We were supposed to go school supply shopping this weekend 'cause my work gave me a discount coupon for Staples that was only good through the end of this weekend. :( Oh well.

I refuse to go school clothes shopping until the school year is a few weeks underway. Only by then have they surveyed the other girls' wardrobes and know what they want. Many a year have I stocked up only to have them beg me for this or that a few weeks into the year. The one thing I dread is getting those North Face jackets. they do last them through the whole year so we get our money's worth but omg those things are expensive. :wacko:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not a lot today, just got back from lunch with my grandparents. About to head to the basement to continue cleaning it out so we can remodel it and my fiance and I can live down there :energetic:

It might not be done by the time he gets here....but I'll put him to work. And if he doesn't know how to put up drywall, he will by the time he's done :devil:

Divorced. To hell with him.

Moroccan FEstival in Houston today....mmmmm....couscous.....

:dance:

I saw Hairspray yesterday. I am still unsure how I feel about it. It is a more white washed version of the original film for sure, but still quuite entertaining. I love musicals and movies with dancing. I have mixed feelings about John Travolta. anyone see it?

I haven't but my oldest daughter saw it last week and the funny thing is that the original was on the Family Channel the next day. She said the two were VERY different but I'm glad she got to see both so quickly so she could compare.

That the original plays on the family chanel just tickles me- it's really a rather "subversive" film :lol:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thats a really good idea, I always do this to. we buy one or two outfits before school and then going shopping a few weeks in. your feeling better today?

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Timeline

Happy Saturday !

Ok, so my boss said yesterday, we have a meeting with a builder. I have a suprise for you. I get to the address, and there sits a model house, complete, ready for flooring. Behind this house, is a HUGE field. This builder is putting 100 houses in this field. It is a whole neighborhood,,,,,and guess who gets to floor the entire project??? At 10% commission on all of it??? ME! Is that the most awesome thing ever?????

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Jackie (F)

hey girls (and charles) it is probably about time for me to say goodbye and leave VJ,,so let's chat soon so I can tell you each bye personally and wish you luck in your journeys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
hey girls (and charles) it is probably about time for me to say goodbye and leave VJ,,so let's chat soon so I can tell you each bye personally and wish you luck in your journeys.

but i don't want you to leave :cry: don't make me start a poll to get you to stay (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Moroccan FEstival in Houston today....mmmmm....couscous.....

:dance:

I saw Hairspray yesterday. I am still unsure how I feel about it. It is a more white washed version of the original film for sure, but still quuite entertaining. I love musicals and movies with dancing. I have mixed feelings about John Travolta. anyone see it?

I haven't but my oldest daughter saw it last week and the funny thing is that the original was on the Family Channel the next day. She said the two were VERY different but I'm glad she got to see both so quickly so she could compare.

That the original plays on the family chanel just tickles me- it's really a rather "subversive" film :lol:

No kidding. I was like, hon what channel is this, and she showed me that it was the family channel!

thats a really good idea, I always do this to. we buy one or two outfits before school and then going shopping a few weeks in. your feeling better today?

Thing is that the weather is usually so hot the first week or two that they can still really wear their summer clothes. Doesn't normally start to get chilly here until around mid-September and school starts on Sep 5 this year for us. But of course now that I said that we'll have a massive cold front come in. lol. I hope not if the price of oil stays high. :crying:

Happy Saturday !

Ok, so my boss said yesterday, we have a meeting with a builder. I have a suprise for you. I get to the address, and there sits a model house, complete, ready for flooring. Behind this house, is a HUGE field. This builder is putting 100 houses in this field. It is a whole neighborhood,,,,,and guess who gets to floor the entire project??? At 10% commission on all of it??? ME! Is that the most awesome thing ever?????

Jackie (F)

ok i've never sworn at you but #######?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I mean if it's too painful for you that's one thing but most of us still consider you as family and lord knows you have a heck of a lot of visa info (amoung other things) to offer.

I'll put up quite a stink if you go! :angry::angry::angry:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel like a hot piece of poop today. I was supposed to be studying all day for my next exam, but I haven't done a damn thing. I don't know if it's the heat or what, but yawn, I think I'll take a nap now...

Timeline

If you leave me now, youll take away the biggest part of me

No baby please dont go

If you leave me now, youll take away the very heart of me

No baby please dont go

A love like ours is love thats hard to find

How could we let it slip away

Weve come too far to leave it all behind

How could we end it all this way

When tomorrow comes well both regret

Things we said today

A love like ours is love thats hard to find

How could we let it slip away

How could we end it all this way

When tomorrow comes well both regret

Things we said today

If you leave me now, youll take away the biggest part of me

No baby please dont go

Oh girl, just got to have you by my side

No baby, please dont go

Oh mama, I just got to have your lovin, yeah

I feel like a hot piece of poop today. I was supposed to be studying all day for my next exam, but I haven't done a damn thing. I don't know if it's the heat or what, but yawn, I think I'll take a nap now...

It's hot as heck outside. Even the cat is droopy.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

oh doodle, you are something else....I love ya girl.

I think I am depressed. I don't think to eat, or change my clothes, when driving I often say 'wow how did I get here?' I am not coping with this very well. I have not heard my husbands voice for ....3 weeks tommorrow. No fights, no arguements, nothing. Just poof and he's gone. I feel like he died and there was not even a funeral. The person that layed next to me for 3 years is gone. How do you go to bed with that thought? You don't, you sit on the couch and stare at the bedroom door. Man, I did not mean to unleash all this negativity. See, that is why I shouldn't be here.

I promise to check in on you all from time to time. I care. I just can't be cheery and upbeat now.

Jackie (F)

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wishing you the best Jackie, with whatever life brings you. :luv:

Congratulations on the floor job! I guess you'll be busy for some time.

And don't feel that you need to be cheery when you're here. Take a look around, everyone has their moments/days when they are upset or need to vent or whatever.

You are always welcome here, whatever the mood.

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well we came back from the movie kids loved it - it was cute and funny and it held their attention, thank goodness....hope everyone is having a great day...

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Happy Saturday !

Jackie (F)

Oh yeah sure..now that you hit the big bucks, you are moving up town and leaving us??????? :crying:

See you off line soon Jackie! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

oh doodle, you are something else....I love ya girl.

I think I am depressed. I don't think to eat, or change my clothes, when driving I often say 'wow how did I get here?' I am not coping with this very well. I have not heard my husbands voice for ....3 weeks tommorrow. No fights, no arguements, nothing. Just poof and he's gone. I feel like he died and there was not even a funeral. The person that layed next to me for 3 years is gone. How do you go to bed with that thought? You don't, you sit on the couch and stare at the bedroom door. Man, I did not mean to unleash all this negativity. See, that is why I shouldn't be here.

I promise to check in on you all from time to time. I care. I just can't be cheery and upbeat now.

Jackie (F)

Depression sounds about right. I think you should go for a while- you know- everyday here is a reminder and it is so easy to just stay in front of the computer- not eating, not sleeping (speaking from personal experience here :whistle: ) ...a few days, a couple of weeks...it could do you good. I remember taking a break from VJ during the visa proccess when we hit a really hard part...it really makes a difference.

But we are going to save your spot and keep your chair warm (F)

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.