Nasturtium

Has anyone had good success in bringing family for visits?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband's brother wants to come and visit us (as do his two sisters, of course everyone is from Jordan). We were thinking about inviting his brother in about a year... and likely without his wife (cost is the major factor). I have mostly heard of this kind of thing failing.. does anyone know about how the success rate is of this kind of venture? Does it seem random as to who gets in and who doesn't?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

its tough. they definitely have to prove ties to their country. a job, family, money, etc.

my friends bf just applied for a tourist visa and got denied last week (he's a syrian passport living in kuwait/armenia). he just graduated college and has no job or anything tying him there. he was denied on the spot.

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

Yeah, my BIL has a wife, a house, and a job in the municipality... but I know that isn't always enough. he may have a kid by then too, but sometimes I've heard it seems to be a ####### shoot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My inlaws were going to come over last summer to visit with me and our son. My MIL had her tourist visa renewed, but my FIL was denied. There was no way that my MIL could travel by herself, so they didn't come. :(

I think for the men, it is very difficult. It goes without saying why that is. :(

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree, I think its much harder for men. My mother in law got approved no problem at all this spring and we were in the middle of planning her trip when I found out I was pregnant, so we decided to postpone her visit until after the baby.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Does it seem to matter how many invitations you send out at once? Such as would it make a difference for him to invite 2 sisters and his brother at once versus one at a time?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Julianna,

My wife and I talked about this recently. Our first priority is to get Karina and our daughter here first. After that, and a time for them to properly adjust to the USA, some family members have indicated a desire to visit. BUT, what I have found is that Visitor's Visas being approved without "strong ties" to the home country...you will be in for an uphill battle. If they do not own a home/property/business or have substantial savings and a good paying job that they will be returning to...do not count on them coming to visit the USA for any reason. :no:

Older :yes: people seem to have less problems in this matter. My wife's grandmother (77) is coming to the USA with me in September for 3 months. And, she will return in 90 days. She will be visiting her sister. And, I hope to be going back with her in December for our interview in Bogota!!!! That would make me very happy!!!

Best Wishes,

Craig

Edited by Craig_Karina

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So basically I was hoping that my husband's sisters could visit us when and if we have a baby....but since they're in their early 20's that will probably be a swift denial? That would suck since it's not like he has a mom who could come over, you know? They're all the family he's got, literally.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I miss me too.

J

(F)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.