wanderingstaarr

help needed with medical RFE

3 posts in this topic

hey guys,

I recently submitted my AOS related forms I-485, I-130, I765, I-864 (petitioner + joint sponsor) and I-693 in one package and got PD October 26th. I discovered posts about sending the 693 only after receiving a RFE, after I sent everything, and sure enough I received an RFE on November 6th.

The RFE has 2 sections about filing the 864 for both petitioner and joint sponsor again - which I'm going to do because after much research I discovered some anomalies in the filled forms they uploaded in the documents section. The crazy thing is at the end of the RFE notice I found the section I've included below which surprised me because I see uploaded copies of my I-693 form under the documents tab on USCIS website.

Is this some sort of generic message they send with an RFE or do they need a sealed copy of I-693 again even though I see it uploaded? The version of the form is current and I have proof of all vaccines required. I called the doctor's to see if they could give me another sealed copy of the form and they're asking 100 bucks (cash only) for it which sounds sketch and insane to me as I paid 740 bucks for the whole thing. They're also asking me to get some more vaccines which cost another $220 because they say it has expired? Mind you I went for this medical exam on the 4th of October so its been just a little over a month.

I'm at my wits end because I'm running dangerously low, and super desperate to get an EAD to start working again. I have seen some posts by people who uploaded their forms online and still got their I-485 approved - I completely understand that the form has no evidentiary value unless it's sealed by the physician. Should I try uploading the copy I have with a cover letter explaining the situation and see where that gets me? Btw USCIS uploaded pictures of the seal as well which I'm attaching for reference too.

What do I dooo? Plsss help!

P.S. Pardon the long post, I really wanted to make my situation clear so I can get the right advice. THANKSSS IN ADVANCE

image.png.840f9f7997a81268fd1f702a175c2828.pngimage.png.049a57d38a04e0d546556d60692122e2.pngrchoi7kqzmzb1.png?width=469&format=png&aimage.png.c981a3d9da221d27965992836410c8d4.png

0. Did you submit I-131 with your AzoS packet? If you didn't, I highly suggest filing it with a copy of I-485 receipt. It's free.

1. How did you find your civil surgeon? Was it on USCIS website?

2. Who says the vaccines expired? Civil surgeon? Did they skip some vaccines during your exam? This may explain RFE for I-693. Maybe try to get the list of vaccines from them. If they sound sketch, you may want to redo entire medical with a more credible surgeon from USCIS website. Understandably, it's a lot of money, but you may lose your status, AOS filing fees and few years of your life if USCIS isn't happy about the current medical.

3. Are you sure apart from messy forms, your joint sponsors are eligible to sponsor you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.