Jump to content

N600 Certificate of citizenship for minor child


8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I need your help ,please advise !
I am a us citizen by naturalization. After petitioning for my wife and my 3 years old son they entered Usa and received their green cards . After that I applied for my child passport and it was issued. Than I decided to apply for certificate of citizenship N600. I filled online on July and received a RFE on October asking for proof of residence for me and my child . I sent tax returns, paystubs, bank statement ,health insurance for my child . On November I received another RFE .
1) Submit proof that your U.S. citizen parent, was physically present in the
U.S. for at least 5 years prior to the date of birth of child and at least 2 years after the age 14
2) Submit two identical color.

I think this was sent by mistake because from what I red this applies when filling N600K and child lives abroad. What should I do since you have only one chance to respond to RFE .And the other question is do I have to sent the photographs by mail or upload them online .
Thank you in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya

That's odd. Tax returns and paystubs should sort the 5 year physical presence. Check if you really uploaded them under the Documents tab online. I did the same thing my kids got their passports before the Cert of citizenship. The certificate will be picked next week. Use the documents tab to upload. You can throw in your lease too it states on the website that you may upload additional evidence that you believe may assist USCIS. They will consider the timelines and relevance when making a decision. Good luck

Danced a yard ere I danced abroad

Carpe Diem!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your help Akals78. 

I am aquireing citizenship after birth  for my kid as a child born abroad of a us citizen parent and admitted as a permanent resident in the United States . So in this case 5 years residence is not required.  It is required when claiming of been born as a us citizen.  Did you claim citizenship for your kids as after birth or as been born us citizen. Thanks again .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

~~Moved to US Citizenship General Discussion, from Bringing Family of USC~~


Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...