~~~water~~~

contacting your senator or rep for help, was it helpful ? pros/cons

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Status of my case would be lost in the pits of hell. Or in laymans terms still at the CSC. No noa2 yet and it is driving me batty.

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am thinking of asking for help. When I looked at my senators site, it says you have to sign a relase to talk with them about your case. I remember seeing once on visa journey a post if you sign this release you personally can't contact the embassy dos anymore, is this true? If you did write for help do you think it helped? Any advice is appreciated.

I've heard that rumor before as well, but I've yet to see any evidence that it's true. People have continued to communicate directly with the embassy after having contacted a rep or senator.

I got a reply from the senator's office today! She said she will be happy to help us, and hopes to get some kind of an answer from Cairo by the end of this week!

(F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Another email today from their office!! I think she has a crush on me. :jest:

Nicky,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to send a letter of congressional inquiry to the embassy in Cairo this morning. I will email you again once we receive a reply.

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

www.sparealife.org

www.freerice.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nicky,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to send a letter of congressional inquiry to the embassy in Cairo this morning. I will email you again once we receive a reply.

Thats great, I hope it helps !!!

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nicky,

hope u hear some good news!!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was looking at my representative's website and in the privacy paperwork that I would need to fill out it asks for the name of the agency that I am allowing the rep to correspond with regarding my case.

What would the name of the agency be? If it's the NVC then I'd rather not even bother since they are no help whatsoever.

:help:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Thanks for the article (in the other thread, I think) , doodle.

Mr. Hermann looks like the same guy who is the congressional liason.

Here is a copy of the mail from my senator's office:

Good Morning, Nicky!

Our office received a reply from the embassy over the weekend concerning your husband’s immigrant visa case. Below is a copy of the text from Richard Hermann, Consul General of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. As you will note, the embassy will contact your husband once the administrative processing is complete. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions!

Cairo, Egypt

September 3, 2007

The Honorable Bob Inglis

United States House of Representative

105 North Spring Street, Ste 111

Greenville, SC 29601

Dear Congressman Inglis:

I am writing in reference to your e-mail message dated August 23, 2007, concerning the immigrant visa case of Mr. Mina xxxxxxxx, the husband of your constituent, Ms. Nicky xxxxx, case number CROxxxxxx.

We acknowledge receipt of the required documents ****(THIS IS WHERE THEY SAID THEY RECEIVED OUR COSPONSOR PAPERS! :thumbs: ) ******. The case of Mr.xxx is currently undergoing required administrative processing. The time needed to review individual cases is difficult to predict. As soon as the processing is complete, we will contact Mr. xxx to notify him of the next step in his case.

I hope this information is helpful to you in responding to your constituent’s inquiry. If I can be of further assistance in this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. For the most expeditious answer, please contact us by e-mail at X.

Sincerely,

Richard C.Hermann Consul General

Edited by monnik

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.freerice.com

Timeline
Thanks for the article (in the other thread, I think) , doodle.

Mr. Hermann looks like the same guy who is the congressional liason.

Here is a copy of the mail from my senator's office:

Good Morning, Nicky!

Our office received a reply from the embassy over the weekend concerning your husband's immigrant visa case. Below is a copy of the text from Richard Hermann, Consul General of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. As you will note, the embassy will contact your husband once the administrative processing is complete. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions!

Cairo, Egypt

September 3, 2007

The Honorable Bob Inglis

United States House of Representative

105 North Spring Street, Ste 111

Greenville, SC 29601

Dear Congressman Inglis:

I am writing in reference to your e-mail message dated August 23, 2007, concerning the immigrant visa case of Mr. Mina xxxxxxxx, the husband of your constituent, Ms. Nicky xxxxx, case number CROxxxxxx.

We acknowledge receipt of the required documents ****(THIS IS WHERE THEY SAID THEY RECEIVED OUR COSPONSOR PAPERS! :thumbs: ) ******. The case of Mr.xxx is currently undergoing required administrative processing. The time needed to review individual cases is difficult to predict. As soon as the processing is complete, we will contact Mr. xxx to notify him of the next step in his case.

I hope this information is helpful to you in responding to your constituent's inquiry. If I can be of further assistance in this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. For the most expeditious answer, please contact us by e-mail at X.

Sincerely,

Richard C.Hermann Consul General

So basically don't waste my freakin' time since my congressman will only get the same bs answer that I get. Niiice. :(

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Well I got the same answer when I contacted my senetor and congressmen in regards to our application. We have been waiting for the NOA2 from USCIS for way over a year. Still I got the same response like most of us on further review get. Basically the response said that it was of of their hands, and that there is nothing they can do to help us out till the checks are complete. ITS A NIGHTMARE for us and this is just at USCIS!

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Timeline
Well I got the same answer when I contacted my senetor and congressmen in regards to our application. We have been waiting for the NOA2 from USCIS for way over a year. Still I got the same response like most of us on further review get. Basically the response said that it was of of their hands, and that there is nothing they can do to help us out till the checks are complete. ITS A NIGHTMARE for us and this is just at USCIS!

Honestly you are the strongest woman I know. I could not wait that long just for the NOA2. I totally admire you for your strength. I really wish there were some way you could move to the UK while this is going on but I know you have responsibilities here. (F)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I do too....................I can not even imagine what you must be going through.................I wish they'd just approve the petition already................enough is enough.

Honestly you are the strongest woman I know. I could not wait that long just for the NOA2. I totally admire you for your strength. I really wish there were some way you could move to the UK while this is going on but I know you have responsibilities here. (F)

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: Timeline

Thanks every one for the support. Im really screwing. I have seriously banged my head against the wall a few times and I'm not kidding about that. I go up and down the forums daily and check timelines and look for people that have had to wait to the longet to get their NOA2

I find that the longest norm is 8-9 months. I have also found a few cases that have filed for the K3 and they at least get one application approved. Some never recive a NOA2 for either the I130 or the I129F BUT most of them are in the country at least with the I129F visa even if the I30 has not gotten approved after years of waiting. At least they have the luck of getting here one way or the other, we can't even get one approved. But God is going to help us get one approved some how I know it.

The next step in my mind is to send a payment to the FBI and request the famous background checks our selves, and then send the results to USCIS as soon as we get them. Who knows if that will make a difference. From the feed back that I have gotten from others that have requested the background checks at different stages they have waited about 5 months to get the results back. I just wonder if doing this will help our case or just cause confusion and prolong things even more? Going to get some apple pie now to drown my sorrow for a few mins.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.