~~~water~~~

contacting your senator or rep for help, was it helpful ? pros/cons

33 posts in this topic

Well I got the same answer when I contacted my senetor and congressmen in regards to our application. We have been waiting for the NOA2 from USCIS for way over a year. Still I got the same response like most of us on further review get. Basically the response said that it was of of their hands, and that there is nothing they can do to help us out till the checks are complete. ITS A NIGHTMARE for us and this is just at USCIS!

Honestly you are the strongest woman I know. I could not wait that long just for the NOA2. I totally admire you for your strength. I really wish there were some way you could move to the UK while this is going on but I know you have responsibilities here. (F)

I don't want her to move to the UK. she is always cooking and I am hopig one day for an invitation to test the new foods! :devil:

Seriously though, how insane is this???? and i just don;t get why they can not say something a little more helpful to make sense of taking ore than a year to fiish the USCIS side of the process. The UK is pretty good about giving out visas, but there is a longer wait for the interview than some ME consualtes. I will be so happy to see this couple get that NOA2!!!!!!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of asking for help. When I looked at my senators site, it says you have to sign a relase to talk with them about your case. I remember seeing once on visa journey a post if you sign this release you personally can't contact the embassy dos anymore, is this true? If you did write for help do you think it helped? Any advice is appreciated.

I really havent known any great success stories from contacting a senator. When I contacted a senator, all i got was a letter stating that this case was being processed and that I would be notified as soon as a decision was made. The only change was that my file was "touched". I wish the best of luck for you.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Timeline

I have been over cooking cause of all the stress of this entire charade. I take out my anguish in the kitchen, and its' starting to notice around the hips of me and every one else that lives with me. I mean just this week I baked 2 cakes, one chocolate, and one 3 leches in one day and then made an apple pie the next. Seriously I have gotten every one in my family over weight since we started the visa process. But it’s my fault thanks to USCIS. If I’m sad I cook , if I’m mad I cook, if I’m stressed I cook , if I’m depressed I cook. I end up with 5 or 6 course meals at a time especially on weekends when I don’t know what else to do to not think of the NOA2. Nothing else works but cooking. At least when I come to work I’m forced to stop cooking. Weird I don’t know how else to spend my time to get my mind off our NOA2 drama other than being in the kitchen creating things and experimenting with foreign food recipes. For some reason only cooking eases my mind. I have a compulsive a cooking disorder and it’s starting to worry my family and I’m scared it will turn into an over eating disorder with so much food around. I think I need help. I get like these weird cooking attacks and I start cooking in the middle of the night when every one is asleep. Some times my brothers start crawling out of their room like little mice in the middle of the night, because the smell of home made chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven seeps under their doors and wakes them up. One time I baked some stuff and sent it to Adiel FedEX LOL

The sad thing is my hubby is so slim because he hates to cook. He can’t be bothered, and here I am with all this food and over weight because of my obsession to mash, cut, chop, dice, pit, grill, beat and pound things in the kitchen when I’m stressed. I think I use ingredients like my punching bags. Jajaja Last time I went to London I managed to plump my hubby nice in and good in 2 weeks that I was there. The sad thing is that he got back to his extremely lean self after I left. I say lean cause he does not like to be called skinny. I always like to learn new things too. mybackpages maybe one day we can all get together and have like a cooking pot luck class in some ones kitchen and swap recipes and we can all learn from each other. Or maybe we should just have a regular mena potluck in Houston or a BBQ in a park before the summer is over. =0)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.