ariditzy

K1VISA (KUALA LUMPUR BASED) desperately need help

4 posts in this topic

I'm from Brunei and we don't have a K1VISA issuing here in the US Embassy in Brunei. And so, I don't know anyone from Brunei that I can ask help or advices from. My case has been approved and has been forwarded to the US Embassy in Malaysia. My questions are:

• Am I able to conduct a medical examination in my country or must I do the medical checkup in Malaysia?
  • I have not received my packet in my mail but case said it's ready (26th sept 2023)
  • I have emailed KLIV@state.gov and instead of getting my questions answered, I received an email that says:

Dear Applicant, 

Prior to your visa interview, please carefully read and respond to this email as instructed. Failure to reply at least one week prior to the interview will result in substantial delays to the processing of your case. 

Questions (Please reply directly to this email): 

1. Is the applicant still in Malaysia (yes or no)? 

2. Date the applicant entered Malaysia (if non-Malaysian national): 

3. Can the beneficiary understand and respond to interview questions in English? If not, what language(s) do they speak?  Note:  If the beneficiary does not speak English, he/she MUST bring an interpreter to the interview.  

4. List of countries where the applicant has resided for more than 12 months at any time: 

5. Length of time residing in country of current residence: 

6. Date the medical exam was conducted and exam results expiration date (if known):  

7. Does the petitioner or the principal applicant have any prior spouses, not including current spouse? (if so, evidence of marriage termination is required) 

8. Passport bio-data page and page 3 (for Yemeni applicants only) 

Is this considered my packet mailed to me by email?

I kindly wait for anyone's response, please and thank you.

4 hours ago, ariditzy said:

I'm from Brunei and we don't have a K1VISA issuing here in the US Embassy in Brunei. And so, I don't know anyone from Brunei that I can ask help or advices from. My case has been approved and has been forwarded to the US Embassy in Malaysia. My questions are:

• Am I able to conduct a medical examination in my country or must I do the medical checkup in Malaysia?
  • I have not received my packet in my mail but case said it's ready (26th sept 2023)
  • I have emailed KLIV@state.gov and instead of getting my questions answered, I received an email that says:

Dear Applicant, 

Prior to your visa interview, please carefully read and respond to this email as instructed. Failure to reply at least one week prior to the interview will result in substantial delays to the processing of your case. 

Questions (Please reply directly to this email): 

1. Is the applicant still in Malaysia (yes or no)? 

2. Date the applicant entered Malaysia (if non-Malaysian national): 

3. Can the beneficiary understand and respond to interview questions in English? If not, what language(s) do they speak?  Note:  If the beneficiary does not speak English, he/she MUST bring an interpreter to the interview.  

4. List of countries where the applicant has resided for more than 12 months at any time: 

5. Length of time residing in country of current residence: 

6. Date the medical exam was conducted and exam results expiration date (if known):  

7. Does the petitioner or the principal applicant have any prior spouses, not including current spouse? (if so, evidence of marriage termination is required) 

8. Passport bio-data page and page 3 (for Yemeni applicants only) 

Is this considered my packet mailed to me by email?

I kindly wait for anyone's response, please and thank you.

You must get the medical done at the KL consulate approved physician.  Most likely this approved physician is located in KL only.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My fiance had his interview in KL. He never received anything in the mail beforehand. He received a similar email. Just answer the questions they ask. If the case is ready, you can go ahead and schedule your medical and interview. To be honest, I'm not even sure what "the packet" refers to. I've heard it mentioned many times in the forums. The closest we ever received was this email. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, AJeane said:

My fiance had his interview in KL. He never received anything in the mail beforehand. He received a similar email. Just answer the questions they ask. If the case is ready, you can go ahead and schedule your medical and interview. To be honest, I'm not even sure what "the packet" refers to. I've heard it mentioned many times in the forums. The closest we ever received was this email. 

The "packet" refers to "Packet 3 & 4". Each embassy handles it a bit differently. This us where instructions begin to deviate. I'll give our example ..  

We were processed through US embassy in Bangkok. After NVC notified me (petitioner) that our case was bring forwarded to the embassy in Bangkok, I soon received and email from the embassy titled "K Visa Packet 3 & 4 instructions".  The email informed us that we could schedule our interview, but to first follow instructions on the embassy website.

The website had the "packets", which were simply a PDF file with instructions for next steps...which documents to prepare, information about the required medical exam, etc.   In fact, for us, there were no longer separate "Package/Packet 3 & 4', but rather a single "Packet 3, in PDF format".

I just checked KL embassy's website for the "packet" instructions, but couldn't find anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.