Ana.M

Upcoming interview IR5 Almaty

71 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Yulia17 said:

takes me to ustraveldocs that does not give me an option to select pick up location for immigrant visa. Thank you

After you log in, is there a menu in the upper left corner with a "Continue" button? Press "Continue" and it should take you to the next page for selecting passport delivery options. At least that was my experience with Warsaw.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:04 PM, Ana.M said:

Hello,

Does anyone have recent experience parents interview in Almaty ?  How fast can you get passport with visa if it's approved? My mother is having her interview in Almaty Nov 2 and Im meeting her there to help out and bring originals. I want to book tickets back ahead but not sure how long it will take for passport to be ready.

Appreciate any tips about interview.

Thank you!

Hi Ana, can you please share your experience? My mom is scheduled for December. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Yulia17 said:

Hi Ana, can you please share your experience? My mom is scheduled for December. Thank you!

Yes of course. Her interview was yesterday, Nov 2. It went very smooth as others said before , she was inside about 2 hours but interview itself took about 2 minutes. They asked 2 questions: Where is your daughter living ? What does she do?. That’s it. They asked original birth certificate only. We didn’t notarize translations and they didn’t ask for them at all. She met 2 other moms who had the same exact experience there. She also said many people were asked to bring originals of birth certificates of their petitioners, so they won’t approve until they see it. She said officer was very friendly. They said to pick up passport in 2 days but it’s a weekend so I guess it will be Monday unfortunately..

Someone was asking how to pass originals to parents if they can’t meet, so I meet people here in KZ who weren’t approve because of missing originals and their daughter mailed it express mail  , fedex or DHL. They are  still waiting but it could be option.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer.

thank you @Ineska for your help:)

11 hours ago, Ana.M said:

Yes of course. Her interview was yesterday, Nov 2. It went very smooth as others said before , she was inside about 2 hours but interview itself took about 2 minutes. They asked 2 questions: Where is your daughter living ? What does she do?. That’s it. They asked original birth certificate only. We didn’t notarize translations and they didn’t ask for them at all. She met 2 other moms who had the same exact experience there. She also said many people were asked to bring originals of birth certificates of their petitioners, so they won’t approve until they see it. She said officer was very friendly. They said to pick up passport in 2 days but it’s a weekend so I guess it will be Monday unfortunately..

Someone was asking how to pass originals to parents if they can’t meet, so I meet people here in KZ who weren’t approve because of missing originals and their daughter mailed it express mail  , fedex or DHL. They are  still waiting but it could be option.

thank you @Ineska for your help

Thank you soo much for your review!! And for the information on notarizing. We have all of the originals, including the birth certificate, and certified translations that we submitted to NVC, glad we don't need to notarize :) May I ask if she is planning to pick up the passport at VFS Global location in Almaty or elsewhere? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Ladies, thank you very much for checking in! My mom's case was forwarded to Almaty, so I'm waiting to hear from them. I did send a message to the 'support-kazakhstan' email address to inquire about a courier delivery of originals to the Consular section. No reply yet. I figured I'll give them some time, then try to call. There has to be a way. Another option would be to DHL to a friend's address in Almaty, but I'd prefer the docs to go directly to the Consulate.

Edited by October 2022

Timeline
On 11/3/2023 at 2:52 AM, Yulia17 said:

Thank you soo much for your review!! And for the information on notarizing. We have all of the originals, including the birth certificate, and certified translations that we submitted to NVC, glad we don't need to notarize :) May I ask if she is planning to pick up the passport at VFS Global location in Almaty or elsewhere? 

Yes, pick up Timiryazev 28V. About that, Interview was on Thursday , I got email next day Fri around 3 pm and went straight there to pick it up. Attention about their working hours - someone there told me it's 3pm-5pm. Her case was under administrative processing before that, less than a day.

Timeline
On 11/4/2023 at 3:48 AM, October 2022 said:

Ladies, thank you very much for checking in! My mom's case was forwarded to Almaty, so I'm waiting to hear from them. I did send a message to the 'support-kazakhstan' email address to inquire about a courier delivery of originals to the Consular section. No reply yet. I figured I'll give them some time, then try to call. There has to be a way. Another option would be to DHL to a friend's address in Almaty, but I'd prefer the docs to go directly to the Consulate.

You can also ship to DHL\ Fedex office in Almaty and your parents will pick it up there. I met couple there, they were waiting delivery for about 10 days. Good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, Ana.M said:

thank you @Ineska for your help:)

Congrats, @Ana.M! 🎉So happy for you guys also! 🙂

On 11/3/2023 at 5:52 AM, Yulia17 said:

Sorry, Yulia17- I havent been checking this in a while. Agree with Ana.M’s info on the pick up location. Good luck with the interview. KZ Consulate seems pretty nice in IR-5 cases I am sure it’ll go smooth for you guys as well.

On 10/31/2023 at 12:51 AM, azzz said:

You asked me aready in the similar topic earlier. I will be able to check it during my interview on Nov 21 and is going to bring the originals only, without any additional translations or copies. 

Hello All,

Today, my family & I attended the interview in Almaty. The medical exam done in IOM Moscow was accepted without any issues. It was fully electronic, with only one visit to IOM for the examination. As for the (notarized) copies - as planned, I have no copies with me, but the printed e-mail with the Consulate's approval to my request to undergo medical in Moscow and bring the originals only since the certified translated copies were sent to the NVC earlier.

That print was reviewed at the first step (by the receptionist welcoming the visitors) with no objections or questions in the later stages. The lady in the window just requested the originals one by one for each family member and stamped the copies I sent earlier to the NVC.

Everything went smoothly and was very friendly, but I was put into administrative processing, which is, unfortunately, common for my visa type and often takes many months to a year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, azzz said:

Everything went smoothly and was very friendly, but I was put into administrative processing

Well, good news and bad news.  Thanks for the update, which will be helpful for others here.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Could someone please give me an idea how long it takes from DQ to the interview? According to the NVC email, my mother's case was sent to Almaty about a month ago. When can I expect to hear from them? The interview was not scheduled by the NVC, because Almaty agreed to accept the case as an expedite. I figured not much would happen until after the holidays...

Thank you!

Timeline

Also, did you translate the vaccination records for the medical exam? I didn't see anything about this on the clinic website but want to double check just in case... Silly, I know :)

On 11/28/2023 at 3:31 AM, October 2022 said:

The interview was not scheduled by the NVC, because Almaty agreed to accept the case as an expedite.

For many consulates, visa interview for expedited cases are usually self-scheduled.  I recommend you contact Almaty regarding their scheduling procedure for expedited cases.  You could be waiting for nothing, if the ball is actually in your court.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.