Kayl&Natch

Change to I-130 Status extending the time and change of dates received

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I didn't know how to write the title concisely, I apologize.

I filed for I-130 for each my wife and son (step son to me) on November 28, 2022. And we have been in the long silent countdown that is USCIS ever since. Based on averages here of other US/Brazil submissions (which I take with a grain of salt), we should hear approval around end of October. I know that was unlikely but still. In June we noticed our online countdown move from 3 months to 1 week and we got excited at the random promotion in time. But, when the countdown expired we were just left with "Your case is taking longer than expected to process" message, which was frustrating because technically it wasn't even past the original countdown. However, today I got a message and the system restarted our countdown clock and saying 7 months. If accurate, at this point that would be 18 months total and well beyond the 14th months Nebraska is showing as 80%. 

The more concerning part is that the I-130 application is now showing a received date now of October 12th, 2023 even though it has had the received date of November 28th like everything else (including the receipt). It almost feels like they are starting us all over.

Has anyone else seen this happen and have any idea as to what may be happening?

As much I was trying to keep my hopes in check, I really thought that we were getting towards the end of the USCIS portion in the next few months. 

Timeline

Thank you I am aware, I called out the roughly 14 month Nebraska service time in the initial post. That's a little unrelated to the issue and questions at hand. I appreciate the feedback though.

Timeline

I am going to say this topic can be closed.

This morning I received an additional update to the case and my I-130 applications for my wife and son were approved after 320 days! This is going to be anecdotal, but perhaps the reasons for the updates yesterday was that they were actively reviewing our file. 

Onward to the NVC!

• Chancy locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.