Dee002

Not getting a sealed envelope when done with medical interview: good or bad thing?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, I have completed my medical exam. I did not get a sealed envelope. Information was sent over electronically. Is this a good or bad thing not to get an envelope? U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica is where I went. 

5 hours ago, Dee002 said:

So, I have completed my medical exam. I did not get a sealed envelope. Information was sent over electronically. Is this a good or bad thing not to get an envelope? U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica is where I went. 

It’s neither good nor bad, it’s just the way things are done now at most consulates. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

It’s neither good nor bad, it’s just the way things are done now at most consulates. 

You know, as I was clicking on your reply, I saw on Google this reason as well! lol thanks so much!

44 minutes ago, Troy B said:

and your visa should say "IV DOCS IN CCD"

That's for the package when the visa is actually issued - I think the OP is referring to the medical results.

• 2 months later...
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lorenelady19 said:

My husband also did not get a sealed envelope after his medical and it was fine. They do seem to take thier time sending the results to the Embassy!

Ohhh! Okay! Thanks for the reply. And yes! You’re absolutely correct. They do take their time sending to the embassy! My husband had to do the couch test for 3 days & this was back in October. They said it can take up to 8 weeks, obviously not including weekends and holidays.. so if you minus those days, at the end of January will be about 8 weeks. We had our interview scheduled & everything and they emailed us stating he needed to come take this test. He took it & he got some paperwork saying he couldn’t attend the interview pending medical results. So, that’s where we’re at, unfortunately. Everywhere I ask, it seems as tho we’re the only ones experiencing this situation like this. Sucks but it is what it is. 

16 minutes ago, Dee002 said:

Ohhh! Okay! Thanks for the reply. And yes! You’re absolutely correct. They do take their time sending to the embassy! My husband had to do the couch test for 3 days & this was back in October. They said it can take up to 8 weeks, obviously not including weekends and holidays.. so if you minus those days, at the end of January will be about 8 weeks. We had our interview scheduled & everything and they emailed us stating he needed to come take this test. He took it & he got some paperwork saying he couldn’t attend the interview pending medical results. So, that’s where we’re at, unfortunately. Everywhere I ask, it seems as tho we’re the only ones experiencing this situation like this. Sucks but it is what it is. 

Oh no that's awful,  I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this! This immigration process is a nightmare,  many times I didn't think I would survive the wait to be reunited with my husband but the wait is finally over and he has been here for a year Now!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Lorenelady19 said:

Oh no that's awful,  I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this! This immigration process is a nightmare,  many times I didn't think I would survive the wait to be reunited with my husband but the wait is finally over and he has been here for a year Now!

Omg I’m so happy for you guys! We literally had (and still do) EVERYTHING ready for our interview at the Embassy!! I mean our folder is about 3 inches thick of all the evidence & things from W-2’s to transcripts to job letters pictures, texts, the whole 9. And then we got the call from medical about him having to do the 3 day test and then found out we couldn’t attend the interview and it would be postponed. *sigh* just want my husband here. I truly hope & pray that after the interview is done that they tell us he’s approved. I miss him terribly. Even after I go & visit… as soon as I get on the plane back to the states, I’m missing him 😞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.