26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, stringpuller said:

Sent another email to embassy to ask them to please review the case again if possible. The congressional response said in general that the officer recommended it be sent back. The status still says refused in AP as did their previous emails. Administrative Processing 221g. 

I think it is still there and I hope so. 

When the status changes or I get word that it was sent back I will file a FOIA to get the consular notes and prepare to appeal it. Thats all we got to do. 

I already have a lawyer picked out and will consult with him the next 2 weeks. 

Atleast this thread helps me talk about it lol. 

Trying to stay positive. 

Thanks for the replies members. 

My NOID took 4 weeks to arrive. it was explained in details why they intend to deny and they gave us 30 days to respond, we did and it got approved same day. I know it is very stressful but it's doable, good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 minutes ago, BasmaHicham said:

My NOID took 4 weeks to arrive. it was explained in details why they intend to deny and they gave us 30 days to respond, we did and it got approved same day. I know it is very stressful but it's doable, good luck!

4 weeks! That is really fast. I was told about 8 months. Thank you for the encouragement. The bad news is I cant make a trip to see her until January at the earliest. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, BasmaHicham said:

Also I want ask was that NOID from the embassy itself or the USCIS service center?

I don't understand how they can think everyone is a criminal and a liar to these ppl it seems. I try to think positive but its your whole future coming down to 1 or 2 officers. Thats too much power IMO. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Also I want ask was that NOID from the embassy itself or the USCIS service center?

I don't understand how they can think everyone is a criminal and a liar to these ppl it seems. I try to think positive but its your whole future coming down to 1 or 2 officers. Thats too much power IMO. 

mine was coming from USCIS before the I-130 was approved. You have to stay positive it will all work out at the end.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, BasmaHicham said:

mine was coming from USCIS before the I-130 was approved. You have to stay positive it will all work out at the end.

Oh I see. Ours is at NVC embassy stage so I am thinking it will be a much longer wait

• 4 months later...
On 10/10/2023 at 11:28 PM, stringpuller said:

Just got word from a congressional inquirey. 

Been in AP since June 5th.

Bummed out they are returning the case file to USCIS. 

As I have read this is hard to overcome. Will they send why specifically it was denied? And can it be appealed? 

Has anyone had success with this and if there are any threads on this can someone share the links to them. 

Thanks

Sorry to hear about all of this.

How did it all end up playing out?

Timeline
1 hour ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Sorry to hear about all of this.

How did it all end up playing out?

They sent it back to USCIS. Still waiting

Timeline
11 minutes ago, TD6886 said:

They did send you a letter from HCM to tell you that they are sent the case back to USCIS before congressional inquired ?

Yes. The letter actually was addressed from Washington DC. I have not heard anything since. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Yes. The letter actually was addressed from Washington DC. I have not heard anything since. 

My bad. I mean the US Consulate of HCM didn't tell you that they send back to USCIS, you only get they letter from Washington DC that is the question I'm tried to ask at first.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TD6886 said:

My bad. I mean the US Consulate of HCM didn't tell you that they send back to USCIS, you only get they letter from Washington DC that is the question I'm tried to ask at first.

Yes they told the Congressman in a letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.