Legend of Summer

File Another Petition?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some do some do not.

London does, out of the 20 of us interviewing there was only one spouse so did not feel normal.

There is certainly one immigration lawyer who is very against the petitioner being at the interview, I personally do not feel that is warranted.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Some do some do not.

London does, out of the 20 of us interviewing there was only one spouse so did not feel normal.

There is certainly one immigration lawyer who is very against the petitioner being at the interview, I personally do not feel that is warranted.

I can see why. CO might ask both of them. Such as favorite things, how they met, etc etc to see if they match up with each other. 

I attended the 2nd interview but it didn't help, so I didn't go back for the 3rd interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That is a reason, you are setting yourself up for a Stokes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Legend of Summer said:

I didn't attend. are you sure you can't be inside during the interview since you are USC.

Cambodia does not currently allow the petitioner inside, they used to but for now it's only beneficiary. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That is a reason, you are setting yourself up for a Stokes.

I'll be with my wife regardless, at least she can show my passport to the consular to prove I'm there supporting my wife. We've been fighting since 2018, the last thing I want is her getting a 221g or denial because I wasn't there. 

Yeah, I know that's an extreme if on that reason for denial, but at this point, we just want to be together and don't want to risk anything. 

4 minutes ago, Dataunavailable said:

I'll be with my wife regardless, at least she can show my passport to the consular to prove I'm there supporting my wife. We've been fighting since 2018, the last thing I want is her getting a 221g or denial because I wasn't there. 

Yeah, I know that's an extreme if on that reason for denial, but at this point, we just want to be together and don't want to risk anything. 

221g sucks and will delay the process longer.  It might go back to USCIS for NOIR, which take another 9-12 months or so. 

Was your paperwork filed in 2018? that's 6 years and now it's finally ready for an interview?

Edited by Legend of Summer

Timeline
1 hour ago, Legend of Summer said:

going back a week before the interview, then take some pictures with family and friends. showing them more pieces of evidence. 

We got more after wedding. Added to life insurance, 401k, credit card, employee health insurance. Hoping it's enough. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Legend of Summer said:

221g sucks and will delay the process longer.  It might go back to USCIS for NOIR, which take another 9-12 months or so. 

Was your paperwork filed in 2018? that's 6 years and now it's finally ready for an interview?

No, we met in 2016 and had 2 fiance denials, 2018 and 2019, everything shut down 2020 to 2022 and went over and got married early 2022 and filed I130, now it's at NVC just waiting for interview date again. 

Edited by Dataunavailable

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Legend of Summer said:

how do you add health insurance when she's not living in the state? A joint bank account would be nice too. 

I should re word that to clarify, my employer has notarized a company letterhead that she will be added on my plan as soon as she enters the U.S.

My credit union won't add without her SSN, but Capital One allowed me to put her as joint user and sent a card in her name that she uses over seas. 

Edited by Dataunavailable

2 minutes ago, Dataunavailable said:

I should re word that to clarify, my employer has notarized a company letterhead that she will be added on my plan as soon as she enters the U.S.

My credit union won't add without her SSN, but Capital One allowed me to put her as joint user and sent a card in her name that she uses over seas. 

bank account in her country, not the USA. I got the same problem so I had to create a joint account with my wife in Vietnam. 

FYI, you don't need an SSN, ITIN# is fine but kinda of hard to obtain. So I just created one in Vietnam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.