Aram456123

No Slots Available for K1 Visa appointment in Indian Consulate

117 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/23/2023 at 11:43 AM, Ishani Sarkar said:

Pls put the DS 160 number in this column. 

Hello Ishani,

I was able to complete the process with your help. Made the payment as well. Trying to book a slot but nothing is available. I am unclear about VAC & OFC. The screenshot attached for your reference states the biometrics appointment or Visa interview? Could you please help me understand this? Thanks once again.

VAC or OFC.png

Timeline
8 hours ago, bash2016 said:

Hello Ishani,

I was able to complete the process with your help. Made the payment as well. Trying to book a slot but nothing is available. I am unclear about VAC & OFC. The screenshot attached for your reference states the biometrics appointment or Visa interview? Could you please help me understand this? Thanks once again.

VAC or OFC.png

Hi there. You are welcome. The OFC is for biometrics. Select options from the dropdown. If you are luck enough you will get a date by clicking any of the embassies. But would recommend you to select Mumbai. Once the OFC is booked the next page would be consular interview page. So a separate dats would be allocated. It could be 1 month apart between two dates or 4 days or a week. Thnx 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ishani Sarkar said:

Hi there. You are welcome. The OFC is for biometrics. Select options from the dropdown. If you are luck enough you will get a date by clicking any of the embassies. But would recommend you to select Mumbai. Once the OFC is booked the next page would be consular interview page. So a separate dats would be allocated. It could be 1 month apart between two dates or 4 days or a week. Thnx 

Sure Ishani, I will follow the instructions. Thank you very much.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nibedita said:

Hello there, Slots opened at 4pm, please check n book for ofc n consulate interview...I did n got 6th nov and 30th nov. Good luck

Thaks for the update, my bad, I logged out at 3:40pm. How often had you checked the availability? Like twice a day or?

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Nibedita said:

Hello all,

Can I do medical examination after my biometric? Could anyone clarify it?

Like 1 time in an hour...Dint you get any slot for both?

Nope, not even for one. I will try the same way as you did. I will hopefully get it soon as I will try it hourly!

Timeline
Just now, bash2016 said:

Nope, not even for one. I will try the same way as you did. I will hopefully get it soon as I will try it hourly!

Doesn't make any difference, ultimately, your medical should be ready and in your hand to be carried for interview. They will also provide CD and a copy which you'll be asked to present on the port of entry. Until then, nobody will ever question for medical reports, not even in biometrics. The medical report will be valid for 6 months, that's what my report reads. Hope this helps!

25 minutes ago, bash2016 said:

Doesn't make any difference, ultimately, your medical should be ready and in your hand to be carried for interview. They will also provide CD and a copy which you'll be asked to present on the port of entry. Until then, nobody will ever question for medical reports, not even in biometrics. The medical report will be valid for 6 months, that's what my report reads. Hope this helps!

Thank you...my biometric and interview are having a big gap and Mumbai is far away from me...so I will surely plan medical after biometric n manage the gap...It's true that 3 to 6 pm ...they are opening slots...check many times n hope you get asap.

Just now, Nibedita said:

Thank you...my biometric and interview are having a big gap and Mumbai is far away from me...so I will surely plan medical after biometric n manage the gap...It's true that 3 to 6 pm ...they are opening slots...check many times n hope you get asap.

Do the medical give ds-3025 as we need for AOS.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Nibedita said:

Thanks!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nibedita said:

Do the medical give ds-3025 as we need for AOS.

I don't know what is ds-3025, I hope your's is K1 visa as well. If yes, then any certified medical center by USCIS like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mohali/Punjab, Chennai will do the same tests I guess! For me, they took blood sample, 6 vaccinations that they gave an option to either take after entering US or right then and there (with an extra cost), chest X-ray, few general questions related to medical history, 6 photographs 2x2 size. Adding a screenshot for your reference, you can contact them to complete the test or simply google the list and you will find the same. They will have their own portals where you get to see more information as per your nearest state/city.

Clinics List.png

24 minutes ago, bash2016 said:

I don't know what is ds-3025, I hope your's is K1 visa as well. If yes, then any certified medical center by USCIS like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mohali/Punjab, Chennai will do the same tests I guess! For me, they took blood sample, 6 vaccinations that they gave an option to either take after entering US or right then and there (with an extra cost), chest X-ray, few general questions related to medical history, 6 photographs 2x2 size. Adding a screenshot for your reference, you can contact them to complete the test or simply google the list and you will find the same. They will have their own portals where you get to see more information as per your nearest state/city.

Clinics List.png

Yes I m going for K-1 visa n i got to know that during Adjustment of status I need to send a photo copy of DS-3025...some said that's the copy that the clinic provides after medical exam for own reference...I'm bit confused whether that's in the k1 packet that I m gonna receive or from medical clinic...

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nibedita said:

Yes I m going for K-1 visa n i got to know that during Adjustment of status I need to send a photo copy of DS-3025...some said that's the copy that the clinic provides after medical exam for own reference...I'm bit confused whether that's in the k1 packet that I m gonna receive or from medical clinic...

After your medical is over, they will call you maybe a day or two later to collect the reports. You're right, I just recollected, they did handed over to me a document that I am needed to carry and show when asked at the port of entry, at the very bottom left of the 1st page out of 2 paged document, it is written as DS-2035. I cross verified. You will be asked to make copies of that for future references. Original will probably be taken by port of entry officer/authority.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.