TraceyNMustapha

what is an optional form 194?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiance' had his interview on july 19th 2007 and was given an optional form 194. we are trying to find out what is an optional form 194. could anyone help us with that please.

could anyone tell me what and optional form 194 is?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ing_out_i94.xml

Nothing optional, my guess is that he told you the wrong numbers.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
my fiance' had his interview on july 19th 2007 and was given an optional form 194. we are trying to find out what is an optional form 194. could anyone help us with that please.

i have a copy of the form and at the bottom of the form it says optional form 194.

Timeline

i have a copy of the form and at the bottom of the form it says optional form 194.

Well I have tracked it down, you should see that there is a box ticked probaby 221 (g) Administrative Processing.

A common situation in your circumstances.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well I have tracked it down, you should see that there is a box ticked probaby 221 (g) Administrative Processing.

you are probably right because the box that is checked is in french and there are a few words that i can make out. do you think it might be an older version of the 221(g)?

Timeline

you are probably right because the box that is checked is in french and there are a few words that i can make out. do you think it might be an older version of the 221(g)?

Je parle un peut francais.

What does it say?

Timeline

Je parle un peut francais.

What does it say?

other: il y a un procedure adminitrative qui doit etre fait a washington avant de continuer. on va vous contacter par telephone.

Timeline

There is a adminitrative procedure which must be made by Washington before continuing. We will contact you by telephone.

May not be 100%, but close enough.

Timeline
There is a adminitrative procedure which must be made by Washington before continuing. We will contact you by telephone.

May not be 100%, but close enough.

thank you soooo much

a. In any NIV case involving a refusal under any provision of the law, the post must also provide the applicant and any attorney of record with a completed page 1 of Form OF-194, Visa Refusal Letter (see 9 FAM 41.121 Exhibit I), setting forth the ground(s) of refusal. Posts may also draft their own non-standard, case-specific refusal letters in high profile or otherwise sensitive cases, to lay out the specific factual basis for the finding or to address rebuttal points made by an applicant. Such letters may be used at the consular officer’s discretion and may be drafted without Departmental approval. However, any such letters are to beused in addition to, not in lieu of, page 1 of the Form OF-194 (see 9 FAM 41.121 Exhibits III and IV).

b. Posts should reproduce page 1 of the Form OF-194 in the language of the host country, and the letter should be addressed to the applicant using the applicant’s complete name. Posts may translate the Form OF-194 without prior approval of the Department, provided that any translation accurately conveys the English language text.

c. INA 212(B), which requires that the consular officer provide the applicant with a timely written notice in most cases involving a 212(a) refusal, also provides for a waiver of this requirement. Consular officers are reminded that only the Department may grant a waiver of the written notice requirement. Furthermore, although 212(B) also exempts findings of ineligibility under INA 212(a)(2) and (3) from the written notice requirement, the Department expects that, in accordance with the Department’s regulations and these notes, such notices will be provided to the alien in all 212(a)(2) and (3) cases unless the consular officer has received specific approval from the Department not to provide a notice in a specific case or group of cases.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline
a. In any NIV case involving a refusal under any provision of the law, the post must also provide the applicant and any attorney of record with a completed page 1 of Form OF-194, Visa Refusal Letter (see 9 FAM 41.121 Exhibit I), setting forth the ground(s) of refusal. Posts may also draft their own non-standard, case-specific refusal letters in high profile or otherwise sensitive cases, to lay out the specific factual basis for the finding or to address rebuttal points made by an applicant. Such letters may be used at the consular officer’s discretion and may be drafted without Departmental approval. However, any such letters are to beused in addition to, not in lieu of, page 1 of the Form OF-194 (see 9 FAM 41.121 Exhibits III and IV).

b. Posts should reproduce page 1 of the Form OF-194 in the language of the host country, and the letter should be addressed to the applicant using the applicant’s complete name. Posts may translate the Form OF-194 without prior approval of the Department, provided that any translation accurately conveys the English language text.

c. INA 212(B), which requires that the consular officer provide the applicant with a timely written notice in most cases involving a 212(a) refusal, also provides for a waiver of this requirement. Consular officers are reminded that only the Department may grant a waiver of the written notice requirement. Furthermore, although 212(B) also exempts findings of ineligibility under INA 212(a)(2) and (3) from the written notice requirement, the Department expects that, in accordance with the Department’s regulations and these notes, such notices will be provided to the alien in all 212(a)(2) and (3) cases unless the consular officer has received specific approval from the Department not to provide a notice in a specific case or group of cases.

I have a feeling the OP will find that more confusing than the French.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I have a feeling the OP will find that more confusing than the French.

my fiance's optional form 194 is being reviewed in washington. that is what DOS told me on thursday.

• 9 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my interview on 7/12/2016.. the consulate asked me few questions about my finacee backgrounds and mine, after then, I was issued a white sheet stating that the petition should be revoke by uscis... below the sheet.. it reads optinal form 194... can someone help to explain why our petition is revoked with no reason stated on tge paper given or why would I deny a visa with no reason... but the consulate told me that my fiancee( us citizen) will take it up from there...pls help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.