daveycrocket9000

NVC says to submit all Schedules with tax documents?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've read that going to the IRS website and downloading the tax transcript for Immigration is the easiest route for submitting tax documents. I've done this and on these transcripts it does list a summary of Schedule D in my case, but it's not the full Schedule D for as included with my 1040 submission. Do i need to additionally include the entire Schedule D section from my returns or is the 'tax transcript' I downloaded sufficiently showing the Schedule already?

Thanks a lot!

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Progress Reports to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures ***

1 hour ago, daveycrocket9000 said:

Do i need to additionally include the entire Schedule D section from my returns or is the 'tax transcript' I downloaded sufficiently showing the Schedule already?

Are you self-employed?  Do you file taxes jointly with your spouse?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, daveycrocket9000 said:

I've read that going to the IRS website and downloading the tax transcript for Immigration is the easiest route for submitting tax documents. I've done this and on these transcripts it does list a summary of Schedule D in my case, but it's not the full Schedule D for as included with my 1040 submission. Do i need to additionally include the entire Schedule D section from my returns or is the 'tax transcript' I downloaded sufficiently showing the Schedule already?

Thanks a lot!

Provided it is a Tax RETURN Transcript, you do not ALSO submit a complete tax return including all schedules.  Pay attention to the little word "or" in instructions.  It's often missed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Provided it is a Tax RETURN Transcript, you do not ALSO submit a complete tax return including all schedules.  Pay attention to the little word "or" in instructions.  It's often missed.

Hey thanks, here's the passage I'm talk about the:

If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.

If you selected Part 6., Item Number 2. that you are self-employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss), or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal income tax return.

It specifically says that if you provide an IRS transcript then you don't need to include every Form W-2 and Form 1099, but it does not use this wording when referring to the schedules (also in my I-864 it's Part 6, Item Number 4 so this also confused me a little because Item Number 2 says "Name of Employer 1")

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, daveycrocket9000 said:

Hey thanks, here's the passage I'm talk about the:

It specifically says that if you provide an IRS transcript then you don't need to include every Form W-2 and Form 1099, but it does not use this wording when referring to the schedules (also in my I-864 it's Part 6, Item Number 4 so this also confused me a little because Item Number 2 says "Name of Employer 1")

So you are not missing the "or".  It's the "if" you have interpreted correctly.  However, "should have completed" does not mean "must submit".  You did, so the necessary information is in your IRS Tax Return Transcript.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.