junior_g

What to send/bring to the consulate/interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I recently got my packet from the US consulate in Frankfurt, Germany after my fiancee in the US received the NOA2. On the checklist it says not to send any of the documents (birth certificate, police certificate, I-134, etc.) listed on there but just to send the filled out forms (DS-230 part 1, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157) and the checklist once all the documents were obtained. On form DS-156K, however, it says to attach the birth certificate, police certificate, I-134, etc.

Do they want me to send the docs with the DS-156K or just have them ready for the interview?

If they want me to send them: send copies and bring originals? Or just send what needs to be attached according to DS-156K and not bring anything? Or send originals and bring copies?

Help would be greatly appreciated. As soon as possible of course, I want to send out my packet ASAP :D

Phil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I recently got my packet from the US consulate in Frankfurt, Germany after my fiancee in the US received the NOA2. On the checklist it says not to send any of the documents (birth certificate, police certificate, I-134, etc.) listed on there but just to send the filled out forms (DS-230 part 1, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157) and the checklist once all the documents were obtained. On form DS-156K, however, it says to attach the birth certificate, police certificate, I-134, etc.

Do they want me to send the docs with the DS-156K or just have them ready for the interview?

If they want me to send them: send copies and bring originals? Or just send what needs to be attached according to DS-156K and not bring anything? Or send originals and bring copies?

Help would be greatly appreciated. As soon as possible of course, I want to send out my packet ASAP :D

Phil

i had to seng in DS 156, DS156K, DS 230 am not sure if i got it right montreal resived my package but they e maild me they dont check new mail for another 2-3 weeks , my package is on new mail pile , but i would send (DS-230 part 1, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157) you could include a copy of birth certificate , if they need it cool you wont get an RFE if they dont need it now they will on the interview , just bring the orig at the interview too , hope i could help good luck Lona

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

hey phil,

i didnt send in any of the documents listed on the checklist, just the filled out forms and after we obtained all necessary docs the checklist. but you should send a copie of your passpprt along with the forms.

dont forget to sign and date additional sheets, if you should need some. but you shouldnt sign the ds156k and i think the ds156 also, read something about that on the frankfurt hompage. and talking about the ds156, you should fill out the online form cause it will be printed out with a barcode. i found the online version on the frankfurt homepage as well.

und dann noch ein kleiner tip: schau doch mal im german thread vorbei! "german people rührt euch..." da werden sie geholfen :thumbs:

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982 - 2008

K1 Timeline

01/13/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC

05/03/2007 Petition approved!!!

08/23/2007 INTERVIEW

09/12/2007 Frankfurt - JFK - Baltimore, MD

09//28/2007 applied for SSN

10/16/2007 CIVIL MARRIAGE

10/31/2007 SS Card finally arrived

AOS Timeline

11/13/2007 sent AOS package with AP and EAD

12/19/2007 biometrics in baltimore

01/09/2008 AOS transferred to CSC

01/12/2008 CEREMONY & RECEPTION

01/16/2008 EAD and AP in mail

02/14/2008 card production ordered, approved without interview

02/22/2008 GREEN CARD in mail

I751 Timeline

11/19/2009 sent I751 to VSC

11/21/2009 received at VSC

11/24/2009 check cashed

11/30/2009 received NOA dated 11/23/09

12/15/2009 early bio walk-in failed....

12/16/2009 request to reschedule sent

01/04/2010 biometrics in baltimore being rescheduled

01/20/2010 new biometrics

03/24/2010 card production ordered, approved without interview

03/29/2010 10 year GC in mail

Phil, I'd follow what's said in the checklist and not to send any of the documents to the consulate. Just keep the docs ready for the interview so that the consulate officer can review them at the interview.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Phil

Hi Phil,

You took the words...well...confusion right out of my mouth. So, my fiancee and I are in the same boat. Did you guys send in the documents the DS 156K required or stick to the instructions listed on the Packet 3 letter?

Good Luck!

Mike y Caro

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Phil

Hi Phil,

You took the words...well...confusion right out of my mouth. So, my fiancee and I are in the same boat. Did you guys send in the documents the DS 156K required or stick to the instructions listed on the Packet 3 letter?

Good Luck!

Mike y Caro

Hey,

I just sent in the forms, as said on the checklist and clooected and prepared all of the required docs. To be exact: I sent the DS-230 part I, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157. ( I think thosee were all the forms). I gathered birth certificate, police certificate, I-134, etc. Whatever is on the list. I did attach a photo to the form where it is asked for before sending it. (I think it was the DS-156K)

I had my interview on Thursday, so the way I did it must have been good.

Phil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.