cmeeks

Online I-130 - Information About Spouse in Native Language pdf upload not saving

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Has anyone had any issues with evidence (PDF's) uploaded to the online I-130 application not saving? Every time I log back into the USCIS website, the PDF I uploaded of information about my spouse in her native language is no longer there. All other information and uploaded PDF's are saving just fine.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, cmeeks said:

Has anyone had any issues with evidence (PDF's) uploaded to the online I-130 application not saving? Every time I log back into the USCIS website, the PDF I uploaded of information about my spouse in her native language is no longer there. All other information and uploaded PDF's are saving just fine.

Perhaps the file size is too big.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Am I seriously the only person experiencing this? I've tried PDF. I've tried jpg. I've tried another internet browser. In both edge and chrome, the website shows the file as though it uploaded correctly. But next time I log in, it's no longer there. What are you guys doing different??? What are you uploading anyway? Can I just type the native and english versions on a page and upload it? Or does it need to be more "official" than that??? Can I load the file to dropbox and put a link to it in the I-130 'Other Information' section? This is super frustrating and it's the only thing keeping me from submitting.

Edited by cmeeks

Timeline

I'm planning to submit I-130 to USCIS today, but I still have not resolved this issue. Surely I'm not the only one who's experienced this with the online system?

For now I uploaded the 'Information about beneficiary in native language' document in the additional proof of marriage section. I put a disclaimer on the 1st page of it to explain why it was uploaded there. Then in the additional information section, I put a note explaining the document would not save to the correct section. I really don't know what else to do. Do you think this will end up causing an RFE?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
41 minutes ago, cmeeks said:

I'm planning to submit I-130 to USCIS today, but I still have not resolved this issue. Surely I'm not the only one who's experienced this with the online system?

For now I uploaded the 'Information about beneficiary in native language' document in the additional proof of marriage section. I put a disclaimer on the 1st page of it to explain why it was uploaded there. Then in the additional information section, I put a note explaining the document would not save to the correct section. I really don't know what else to do. Do you think this will end up causing an RFE?

Probably not.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had an issue where the online application was giving me an error that certain files could not be uploaded even though I had successfully uploaded other files the day before. I know this error message is not the issue you are experiencing, but you can always try what worked for me to see if it fixes the problem. At this point you have nothing to lose by trying. 

I found a post on Reddit that suggested giving the file a simple name like DocA or Doc1. I was a bit skeptical because I had already successfully uploaded files with names like “Marriage Certificate” and “travel journal”, but sure enough, when I renamed the files I was have trouble with to DocA, DocB, etc, they loaded and saved just fine. 

Best of luck. I know it is frustrating when things like this happen on such an important task. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, cmeeks said:

Alright, so I submitted I-130 and when I go look at the documents list, the native language document is in there 20 times 🤦‍♂️

I have the same problem now. This is definitely a bug. I checked the list of uploaded files when I printed out the review, and I also saw all my 5 uploaded but unsaved versions in the list. Unfortunately, it is impossible to remove them, because they are not in the "Native language" section. I'll have to submit it as it is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 10/12/2023 at 11:58 PM, 2024 I551 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel this question can be skipped entirely without having any impact on the application.

Follow the form's instructions.

I would not suggest "skipping" any question on any documents in this process, especially the actual petition to initiate the process.  The forms have many sections that don't necessarily make sense from a layperson's perspective, but the information is being requested for a reason.  Regardless of how ridiculous it seems to send this information (this is me speaking for myself.  I thought this section made no sense), I recommend completing every section of every form unless the form or the form's instructions say something like "if" you answered a section with a specific response, then complete the following section.  I don't recall anything on the online I-130 that says "if" you did "X" then you don't need to complete the section on the spouse in their native language.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/3/2023 at 7:47 AM, D-R-J said:

I think the original poster said that the document had indeed been saving the whole time. There were 20 copies when they went to submit.

That's correct. All the attempts to submit it were there when I went to finalize the I-130 submission. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.