Satellite

Suggestion

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I remember all the hype of having the Russian group folks all belong to one forum. Another easy way to group all of us together is to have a Russian flag appear below your avatar.

To do so click:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

Or My Controls --> Edit Profile Information --> Country of non-US Fiance / Spouse / Family Member --> Russia

This then allows us all to be found under:

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Russia

Much better than writing Русский форум член - which is a slang for Russian Forum #######.

In case of doubt, ask your ladies all the meanings and usages of the word член.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you want to look more Russian, make this guy your avatar:

picture.jpg

I turned off viewing signatures after the whole "Russian Forum #######" thing started a few months ago.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Russian forum "#######" was the intention for having that identifier in the signature. After so many "visitors" in the forum, AKDiver pm'd me about a "secret handshake" or something to that effect. My response was an "identifier" that was a little less obvious than a flag. Chlen can mean person/man, but also #######. This word was specifically utilized because of the dual meaning. Those that could read it would be able to also "understand" it as an identifier of someone who could read Russian and considered themselves part of the forum. Those that couldn't wouldn't know any different and wouldn't get the meaning of "I'm in the Russian forum, I'm a #######, and since you can't read it anyway, maybe that means you shouldn't be sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong on things you don't really understand."

I choose not to have the flag under my avatar because I don't like it. Americans are too stupid to identify most world flags and the fact that these flags are at an angle doesn't help. Plus, I'm not Russian. I'm American dealing with a Russian situation. I have unique insight into a common situation we all share. That's identified in my signature block.

Basically, the "Russian forum #######" is a middle finger in the air to the (unwelcome) "visitors" on our forum while the flags only serve to further alienate us within our own thread and place us into a special category while on other forums. Ever read the other forums? You're immediately placed into a category based on where your S/O is from. Without the big flag on there, maybe your post will be read and considered BEFORE it's placed into a category.

Maybe.

To be honest, I don't really care because most people on VJ don't want to consider anything outside of their own thought process..... I just don't like the flags. Russian forum #######, on the other hand, I believe is a pretty good identifier.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Much better than writing Русский форум член - which is a slang for Russian Forum #######.

In case of doubt, ask your ladies all the meanings and usages of the word член.

Yeah, I noticed a while ago but I thought it was done on purpose (whatever that purpose may be :) )

I think anything is better than calling yourself a ####### of any forum.

Besides, I am not the only girl here - if to follow that logic, me, Blues, Jewel should call ourselves... Russian Forum... Pussies?

Not very nice, to put it mildly...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought that AK just ran the English words, "Russian Form Member" through a dictionary and got the word член to come up. Not wanting to call myself a #######, I also refrained from using this signature. For me the Russian flag was sufficient identification. But, the American flag is an even better idea.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Basically, the "Russian forum #######" is a middle finger in the air to the (unwelcome) "visitors" on our forum while the flags only serve to further alienate us within our own thread and place us into a special category while on other forums. Ever read the other forums? You're immediately placed into a category based on where your S/O is from. Without the big flag on there, maybe your post will be read and considered BEFORE it's placed into a category.

Maybe.

To be honest, I don't really care because most people on VJ don't want to consider anything outside of their own thought process..... I just don't like the flags. Russian forum #######, on the other hand, I believe is a pretty good identifier.

wow. I actually like to come in here and read threads sometimes, I almost posted to the food thread. Good thing I had a look here and realized I am an unwelcome 'visitor' before I did....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
wow. I actually like to come in here and read threads sometimes, I almost posted to the food thread. Good thing I had a look here and realized I am an unwelcome 'visitor' before I did....

Yep, it's pretty exclusive here - for better or for worse...

Russian forum #######, on the other hand, I believe is a pretty good identifier.

Even so, "Русский форум член" is grammatically incorrect and basically identifies an "Illiterate Russian Forum #######". :devil: Now that's a nice ID to flaunt!

I received the same secret handshake from Akdiver and replied that I do not share this xenophobia and welcome anyone's twopence in the Russian forum.

Citycat, I like your stream of thought but I'd prefer something more assertive. :)

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Timeline
Citycat, I like your stream of thought but I'd prefer something more assertive. :)

Like what? We can come up with something that would really make a statement. Any suggestions?

I have to say this, I deeply admire your skills with the language! As a linguist I can truly appreciate it! Let me guess - Moscow State University?

Like what? We can come up with something that would really make a statement. Any suggestions?

I have to say this, I deeply admire your skills with the language! As a linguist I can truly appreciate it! Let me guess - Moscow State University?

Like "Russian Mail Order B&$ch" or something, whaddaya think? :)

Thanks, you sound (look) pretty fluent too! No, I studied in an English school in N-sk, read Austen and Dickens and Stevenson, then lived off my language skills through the hungry post-1991 years (working with expat missionaries, interpreting etc), then went to grad school in the US.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Timeline
Like "Russian Mail Order B&$ch" or something, whaddaya think? :)

Yes, something like this. Where I live I am called by my Russian and American friends "Crazy Russian B$tch" Close enough?

Thanks, you sound (look) pretty fluent too! No, I studied in an English school in N-sk, read Austen and Dickens and Stevenson, then lived off my language skills through the hungry post-1991 years (working with expat missionaries, interpreting etc), then went to grad school in the US.

We read the same books! I am in grad school now myself but at some point, especially comparing my posts to yours, I get the feeling that my Oxford British English got so Americanized! Well, when in Rome...

Thank you!

You would absolutely be the kind of visitor that is welcome here. The "unwelcome" visitors are the ones that will post to the food thread not about food, but about the horror of importing a wife simply to cook and clean and to use for sex. (Which is what is assumed by the "unwelcome" visitors that all men here on the forum have done.)

By all means, visit us. Put in your two kopeks. (Those are like Russian pennies.) This is a pretty exclusive forum but not because outsiders are unwelcome, only because outsiders with stereotypical posts about the Russian VJ experience are unwelcome.

And back On Topic.... I was the one that selected chlen. I looked up the word for "member" in the dictionary, and that's what was listed. I asked my wife if she thought this was a good word to identify us as part of a group and she said "yes of course because chlen means same like hui. And you blat are like hui becuase you're always on your blat visa journey blat." So, it was exactly what I was looking for.

It was also intended to be a subtle nuance alluding to the visitor's posts. 99% of our angry visitors were female. So to ID ourselves, even the female members, as "members" of the Russian forum, this was a perfect word. If you ladies would like to come up with a better word, I'm all for it. I love learning new words! (Although, as pointed out in the other thread... I'm a little weak when it comes to grammar.)

Seriously, how about some suggestions?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

You would absolutely be the kind of visitor that is welcome here. The "unwelcome" visitors are the ones that will post to the food thread not about food, but about the horror of importing a wife simply to cook and clean and to use for sex. (Which is what is assumed by the "unwelcome" visitors that all men here on the forum have done.)

By all means, visit us. Put in your two kopeks. (Those are like Russian pennies.) This is a pretty exclusive forum but not because outsiders are unwelcome, only because outsiders with stereotypical posts about the Russian VJ experience are unwelcome.

well, thank you for clarifying. Being married to a younger Arab Muslim, I can assure you I am not unfamiliar with stereotypes and judgements. :)

We have our share of those visitors in the MENA forum too, oh well, what can you do....

anyway I am going to pop in from time to time because at the end of the day between all of us its our similarities that bring us to this site, isnt it? and despite having spouses from all over the world we all share some of the same experiences. I liked the food thread... :) I may just add my two kopeks, although they may end up being two dirhams!

NOW, back to your topic!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Slim

you are hilarious......i must say i am addicted to a russia forum 'cause of your posts...

And back On Topic.... I was the one that selected chlen. I looked up the word for "member" in the dictionary, and that's what was listed. I asked my wife if she thought this was a good word to identify us as part of a group and she said "yes of course because chlen means same like hui. And you blat are like hui becuase you're always on your blat visa journey blat." So, it was exactly what I was looking for.

It was also intended to be a subtle nuance alluding to the visitor's posts. 99% of our angry visitors were female. So to ID ourselves, even the female members, as "members" of the Russian forum, this was a perfect word. If you ladies would like to come up with a better word, I'm all for it. I love learning new words! (Although, as pointed out in the other thread... I'm a little weak when it comes to grammar.)

Seriously, how about some suggestions?

Edited by lmhvm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Slim, you're alright my friend. You got your $hit together. I like Americans that have years of Russian experience and know what they're talking about. By the way, you seem like a great couple. Where's the photos?? You been around a while. Why no pics to show? Sorry, back to topic......

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.