August 2023 I-751 removing condition filer

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, sdave said:

Aug 8, 2023 - mailed in package 

Aug 9, 2023 - delivered 

Aug 15, 2023 - credit card charged

I didn’t receive a text of receipt yet, should I be worried? 

Ours was delivered one day after yours (on 8/10/2023). We just got the text saying receipt notice to follow via the mail.

I wouldn't worry about not receiving the text, it's been hit or miss for previous filings for us.  Unreliable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/15/2023 at 7:33 PM, werdna said:

Ours was delivered one day after yours (on 8/10/2023). We just got the text saying receipt notice to follow via the mail.

I wouldn't worry about not receiving the text, it's been hit or miss for previous filings for us.  Unreliable.

Have you received anything in the mail yet? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, sdave said:

Not yet. But it seems it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for people.  They did cash the check the same day as the text message came through.

I sent the package on August 7th;

Delivered on August 8th;

Text messages on August 11th (IOE);

I received the letter with the online account code on August 15th;

And today (August 21st), I received the extension letter (48 months).

On my account, I can see that they scheduled a biometric appointment, but I haven't received that letter yet.

Timeline
On 8/17/2023 at 7:32 AM, sdave said:

We received the letter with the online access code today, dated 8/17/2023.

Online it says:

"August 17, 2023

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of August 17, 2023, we are actively reviewing your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence"

Timeline
On 8/22/2023 at 6:17 PM, werdna said:

We received the letter with the online access code today, dated 8/17/2023.

Online it says:

"August 17, 2023

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of August 17, 2023, we are actively reviewing your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence"

We received our 48 month renewal letter today, dated 8/17/2023.

August 9th - Package sent

August 10th - Package Delivered 

August 15th - Text message with case number

August 16th - Check cashed

August 22nd - Received I-797C USCIS Account Access Notice

August 23rd - Received I-797 48 month extension letter

Wife (US Citizen) is submitting our packet today! Finger's crossed we get the interview waived. 

Submitted leases, purchase letter from current home, bank statements from marriage start to now showing joint accounts, some from UK and some from US and some ancillary stuff (Our confirmed application to host an exchange student(s) this school year, flights to London last year and a local trip to Portland this year)

58 minutes ago, An&Je said:

Wife (US Citizen) is submitting our packet today! Finger's crossed we get the interview waived. 

Submitted leases, purchase letter from current home, bank statements from marriage start to now showing joint accounts, some from UK and some from US and some ancillary stuff (Our confirmed application to host an exchange student(s) this school year, flights to London last year and a local trip to Portland this year)

What about jointly filed taxes?

August 11 - Package sent

August 14 - Package Delivered 

August 16 - Case received 

August 19 - Text message with Case number

August 22 - Money Order Cashed.

August 23- USCIS Message: We have taken an action on your case. (Biometric Appointment) No letter or date whatsoever.

August 25 - Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled.

(I still haven’t received anything in the mail)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.