EstambulPR

DCF WITH EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES - ANKARA

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all/Merhaba,

BLUF: How to get a DCF with exigent circumstances not exactly listed as exceptions.

BACKGROUND: I am a US military retiree, Permanent & Total rated disabled veteran (this is relevant) living in Istanbul with my Turkish wife for over a year. She (very easily, I should say!) obtained a B2 visa last December and met me in the USA. We'd known each other almost two years and planned to marry later this year in Istanbul (where I'd lived with her on and off for a year previously), but decided to move the date and marry in USA with my family and friends present instead. We never even thought of AoS since she has a teenage daughter and a job, so she departed back to Istanbul, and I came to meet here soon after.

I have a few medical issues that I have been putting off for years and have finally caught up with me. I am programmed to have surgery next month at the VA hospital plus kidney and liver studies (and possibly more procedures?). I also was referred to a 2-month treatment program by the mental health provider for service-connected PTSD issues. These referrals are a couple of years old but I did not follow through so I could come to Istanbul to be with my wife. And no, I will not seek local medical help here; I prefer to use the VA hospital system stateside. So, while I do not have a life-or-death situation NOW, if I do not get this surgery next month, I won't be able to go #1. If I don't get the liver scans soon, the things growing on my liver could become dangerous if we don't identify them. And if I don't continue my mental-health treatment, I *could* become a danger to myself.

Oh, and last year I was poisoned (roofie in a drink) at a bar in Istanbul and that obviously damaged my liver further.

So while our intention was always to file CR-1 for her and her teenage daughter at the end of this year (to give the girl tine to finish H.S.) from overseas and wait, we're gonna have to move that deadline.

Having my wife in the US with me to provide aid and comfort during surgery recovery and treatment is essential to my recovery. Afterwards, we could just continue our lives in the US and she could work, etc.

HELPFUL comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You can always try to get the consulate to accept the I130.  I am not sure if they would determine your situation to be a medical emergency, but they may.  I would provide as much information as possible as to the dates of the upcoming appointments you need to meet and Dr. Notes verifying the procedures, etc.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

You can always try to get the consulate to accept the I130.  I am not sure if they would determine your situation to be a medical emergency, but they may.  I would provide as much information as possible as to the dates of the upcoming appointments you need to meet and Dr. Notes verifying the procedures, etc.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'll try to get letter from the doctors but I realize some may not like doing that. I figure we don't loose anything by trying, and if not, we go back to plan A, normal CR-1/DCF in country. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is a good thread detailing a lot of the steps required for DCF.  This was done in Japan and was related to an imminent job relocation, but it may still be helpful.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

*UPDATE* We were disapproved for DCF at Ankara yesterday. The immigrant visa unit was very helpful and corresponded a handful of times requesting more information and documentation. They suggested we file regular channels then request expedite from USCIS directly. I had NO idea that was even an option! 

Thanks to all who commented. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.