pedroh

Michael Vicks and dogfighting...

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So, the jury date is nov 26.. americans, as usual, made this a race issue.. 90% of the pet organizations where white, 95% of the 'due process' and 'Vicks is innocent is innocent until proven guilty' is black... blablabla..

but what if, he didnt have a dogfighting ring? would people give a sh!t? I know the biggest mistake he made was have a dogfighting ring in probably the most dog-loving country in the whole world.. but, what if he had a #######-fighting ring? would he have received as much sh!t and press coverage? what if it'd been a bullfighting thing.. most Americans don't even know how bullfighting matches work.. would they have cared?

yes I know dogs take a special place in a lot of peoples homes.. sometimes people take more care of their dogs than with strangers.. etc.. but.. isn't it the same cruelty if it had been another animal?

do these people thing cockfighting is cruel? or just illegal, what about the bulls, do they see it as an 'art' like in Mexico or Spain.. or is it also OMGCRUEL?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Hahaha! I thought you guys were not going to cover this evolving story. As for me... No comment!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
Hahaha! I thought you guys were not going to cover this evolving story. As for me... No comment!!!

well this specific topic is not about 'he did, he didn't' 'omg he's cruel' etc.. but rather that if it were any other animal, would the press coverage and the 'outrage' would have been the same

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Why is this a race issue?? :blink: I really had no idea who this guy was before this happened, and I haven't seen any pictures of him; I had no idea what race he was till you brought this up. I found what he was doing to be disgusting without regard to who he was or what race he is.

As for #######-fighting, I find that disgusting too, and it's also illegal. But, no, I don't think it's quite the same as dog-fighting; chickens can't be compared with dogs. Bullfighting is legal in the cultures where it is practiced, so that is one difference. Plus, while the bullfighter is "fighting" the bull, the bull isn't receiving horrible wounds the way dogs in dog fights are from each other. Plus, when the bull is killed, it is fairly quick; it isn't being tortured to death the way the losing dogs were.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think most people find bloodsports involving animals at best - rather distasteful.

As to dogs - dogs are one of the most common household pets so of course people are going to react more strongly to the cruelty than with an animal that they identify closely with.

Edited by Number 6

Timeline
Why is this a race issue?? :blink: I really had no idea who this guy was before this happened, and I haven't seen any pictures of him; I had no idea what race he was till you brought this up. I found what he was doing to be disgusting without regard to who he was or what race he is.

As for #######-fighting, I find that disgusting too, and it's also illegal. But, no, I don't think it's quite the same as dog-fighting; chickens can't be compared with dogs. Bullfighting is legal in the cultures where it is practiced, so that is one difference. Plus, while the bullfighter is "fighting" the bull, the bull isn't receiving horrible wounds the way dogs in dog fights are from each other. Plus, when the bull is killed, it is fairly quick; it isn't being tortured to death the way the losing dogs were.

oh and I dunno either why is this a race issue.. but oh well, you know how the media is

I think most people find bloodsports involving animals at best - rather distasteful.

As to dogs - dogs are one of the most common household pets so of course people are going to react more strongly to the cruelty than with an animal that they identify closely with.

what about cultures who practice cockfighting or bullfighting.. they dont find it disgusting

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline
oh and I dunno either why is this a race issue.. but oh well, you know how the media is

Well, again, this is the first time I'd heard that there even was a race element to this at all, not that it should matter in the slightest.

Our timeline:

Our Photos

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Timeline

what about cultures who practice cockfighting or bullfighting.. they dont find it disgusting

I'm not sure why thats relevant here - seeing as the guy was arrested for being involved in a criminal enterprise. Cultural practices (of other countries) aside - there's no denying that dog fighting is illegal in the United States.

Again if you're wondering why this story is being dwelt upon - its because there's a market for animal stories (specifically involving cruelty to family pets) in the news.

Edited by Number 6

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

The guy is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...not in the press. But it doesn't look good. He is worth a lot of $$$ and the corporate types are cutting him loose rather than try to save him to put $$$ in their own pocket. That is not a good sign for him. He will have his day in court and the truth will soon be on public record.

If the allegations I saw in the press are true, the cruelty went farther than just fighting the dogs. They were torturing and killing random animals using various methods for sh*ts and giggles. Not very classy and if proven true he will likely get the maximum punishment allowed. But then again he might pull a rabbit out of his hat and get off Scot free. Stranger things have happened.

So they be messin' with him 'cause he be a brutha? Gimme a break!!! What you sow is what you reap.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Timeline
The guy is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...not in the press. But it doesn't look good. He is worth a lot of $$$ and the corporate types are cutting him loose rather than try to save him to put $$$ in their own pocket. That is not a good sign for him. He will have his day in court and the truth will soon be on public record.

If the allegations I saw in the press are true, the cruelty went farther than just fighting the dogs. They were torturing and killing random animals using various methods for sh*ts and giggles. Not very classy and if proven true he will likely get the maximum punishment allowed. But then again he might pull a rabbit out of his hat and get off Scot free. Stranger things have happened.

So they be messin' with him 'cause he be a brutha? Gimme a break!!! What you sow is what you reap.

Agreed. Far more likely its just because he's famous. Media makes its bread and butter with celebrity stories - especially when there's allegations of wrongdoing.

Timeline
So they be messin' with him 'cause he be a brutha?

AFAIK, the ones who think that way are the real racists.

Our timeline:

Our Photos

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with whats been said, I know its kinda hypocritical but I wouldnt be AS upset if it were cockfighting. Dogs are just so often a part of the american FAMILY, I dont know anyone who can look at some of that hideous footage on the news lately and not just want to cry. and I know we arent even seeing the worst of it. Having said that, I find ALL those 'bloodsports' pretty alarming and disgusting and personally I have a problem with anyone who finds it entertaining to watch animals be hurt and die. Its repugnant. just my 2 cents....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Timeline

The indictment handed down Tuesday against Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and three others describes in detail how they procured a property in Virginia for the purpose of staging dogfights, bought dogs and then fought them there, and in several other states, over a 6-year period. With at least three cooperating witnesses providing the details, federal authorities compiled a detailed case that traces the birth and rise of Bad Newz Kennels.

But not a single line in the 18-page indictment will generate more rage toward Vick and the others charged -- Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor -- than a sentence near the end. It reads: "In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

source

His name is all over the indictment. I hope he goes down hard. I will continue to sign petitions against his actions. He's suspended from Nike, his cards will not be sold, his jersey wa spulled by Reebok, and he's basically off the main Falcons webpage. Actions speak louder than words.

PS: Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Filed: Timeline
Why is this a race issue?? :blink:

because the op always brings the race card to the table. you haven't heard vick or his legal team say that have you?

this has nothing to do with race. its not bubba & joe bob from the hills charging him, its the feds. the feds don't chare someone w/o some serious evidence. he owns a lot of the properties in question, there are several eye witnesses placeing him at the center of the fights, executions, gambling etc. his co-defendants are already filpping on him. he is innocent until proven guilty.....but we all know he's guilty.