fernanda08

IRS website only offers past 4 years Tax Transcripts. Should I order the 5th year or just upload the 4 I have in my online application?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am working on my N-400 on the 5 year rule. 

I am wanting to upload my past 5 year IRS Tax transcript but the IRS website only offers the past 4 years. Should I just upload the 4 I have or have the IRS mail me the 2018 one and then upload it when I get it?

On 7/10/2023 at 9:11 PM, fernanda08 said:

I am working on my N-400 on the 5 year rule. 

I am wanting to upload my past 5 year IRS Tax transcript but the IRS website only offers the past 4 years. Should I just upload the 4 I have or have the IRS mail me the 2018 one and then upload it when I get it?

Were you able to order by phone the 5th year? So I'm applying under the 5-year rule. I didn't upload any transcripts when I submitted the application. My interview is scheduled for 8th August, and now when I'm downloading the transcripts, I only see 4. 

In this video, she says that since the IRS doesn't provided the last 5th year, you should bring the 1040 for the missing year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Looks like a regression in IRS service.

https://www.usa.gov/tax-return-transcripts 

Get a federal tax return transcript

Transcripts are print-outs of the most important highlights from a tax return. In many cases, you may only need a transcript and not a full copy of your tax return.

• You can get transcripts of the last 10 tax years.
  • Transcripts”

But when you follow the links, it is limited to 3 years.

21 hours ago, Mike E said:

Looks like a regression in IRS service.

https://www.usa.gov/tax-return-transcripts 

Get a federal tax return transcript

Transcripts are print-outs of the most important highlights from a tax return. In many cases, you may only need a transcript and not a full copy of your tax return.

• You can get transcripts of the last 10 tax years.
  • Transcripts”

But when you follow the links, it is limited to 3 years.

So in that case, I'm guessing that the print of the 1040 and the email that efile was accepted should suffice right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 minutes ago, allotherstaken said:

So in that case, I'm guessing that the print of the 1040 and the email that efile was accepted should suffice right?

Either that or order a  copy of the entire tax return from the IRS.  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf says up 7 years back, and the form lets you list 8 distinct years.

19 hours ago, Mike E said:

Either that or order a  copy of the entire tax return from the IRS.  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf says up 7 years back, and the form lets you list 8 distinct years.

Thanks for you input. 

One more question, when I submitted my N400, I didn't upload any transcripts. Just the GC copies because that's what the form asked. My interview is now scheduled for Aug 8th. Should I upload them now? Or would that mess with the application and I should just take the transcripts with me for the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.