37VJ

Should I also mail the documents submitted in response to RFE? (USC for Overseas Spouse Living filing I130)

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am responding to the RFE. I have all the documents ready related to my marriage and previous marriage divorce papers. For my wife, there was a spelling mistake in the divorce document. We have applied for getting the same rectified. Pls note that USCIS assumed that there was a name change  and asked for the name change document.

Her Lawyer has given the Copy of the filing Petition stating that this is typo error with the Court Divorce papers..

I am also attaching the

1) Affidavits of her lawyer

2) Affidavits of her Father and Mother

3) Employment Offer letters, Degree certificates stating that her name is what in the passport.

4) Bank letter from the bank where she has the account opened before her previous marriage that her name is correct

5)My divorce papers from Court

In the last page of the RFE it is mentioned that

"

PLACE THIS ENTIRE LETTER ON TOP OF YOUR RESPONSE. SUBMISSION OF EVIDENCE WITHOUT THIS LETTER WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL. PLEASE USE THE ENCLOSED ENVELOPE TO MAIL THE ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE REQUESTED BACK TO THIS OFFICE. "

Should I also mail the physical copies of the documents to USCIS?

"PLACE THIS ENTIRE LETTER ON TOP OF YOUR RESPONSE" can you explain what this means.

FYI.I had filed Online for I130

Can you guys advise me how to proceed further?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It means exactly what it says. They're telling you to mail the evidence to them and put the RFE on the top of the pile of evidence, in the envelope they sent you.

Sept 2020 - Met

Oct 2022 - Married

Jan 2023 - Filed AOS packet

Feb 2023 - Biometrics

July 2023 - Greened

Thank you. Should I mail all the originals to USCIS or photocopy of the documents?

I am overseas now visiting my wife. I have the email copy of the II130 RFE but not the original which was mailed to my US address. Is it ok to FedEx them the documents to the address mentioned in the letter:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, 37VJ said:

Thank you. Should I mail all the originals to USCIS or photocopy of the documents?

I am overseas now visiting my wife. I have the email copy of the II130 RFE but not the original which was mailed to my US address. Is it ok to FedEx them the documents to the address mentioned in the letter:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

if they did not mention originals/certified copies, then photocopy is fine (you are not likely to get your originals back if you mail them).   Be aware though,  you will likely need the original of these items at your spouses interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.