brnidokiegurl

NEED QUICK IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAY

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

At our office when someone has a birthday we do cake, ice creme etc, then that person does the next persons. Now my delima we now have a new girl and its my turn to do hers but i just found out she is diabetic so lets out the normal cake and ice creme any good quick ideas for Tuesday

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline

How about a dessert/cake using Splenda etc or if not, a veggie tray with cheese etc. If you cannot find an alternative with the dessert etc, you may just want to go in a total different direction. Alternatively, bring the regular cake and your co-worker can just have a small slice.

Edited by JODO
drinkblink14.gif

That is a dilemma. Do you know what type of diabetes she has? Maybe she can eat sweets, but only a small amount at a time. Maybe tomorrow you or someone can start a conversation with her (without tipping her off that she has a surprise coming) and ask what does she do when she goes to a wedding and can't eat the delicious wedding cake? or something like that.......

If you wouldn't mind making something at home you can do the splenda recipes like JODO suggested or bake some type of bread that doesn't have a lot of sugar in it.

Alternatives to sweets could be: almonds, cashews, and other nuts - cheese tray - fruit salad or fruit tray - veggies (thanks JODO) - or bagels and crossaints

When you normally bring snacks or sweets, are they shared with the rest of the office? If so, you could still buy a cake with her name on it and take a picture of it as a memory for her and let the rest of the office eat it. And, you could opt to bring her a small goodie bag with trail mix / small gift / coffee mug / card / etc. to make her feel good on her Bday.

Edited by monnik

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Most bakeries cater to diabetics these days, even the supermarket bakery. You might look there or if you're feeling particular creative, look up a diabetic cake recipe and make one. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that Kroeger's carries a sugar free Angel Food cake. That is a good place to start. You can use whipped cream with artificial sweetner instead of sugar and some fresh fruit. The fat from the whipped cream and the sugar in the fruit will be the main concerns for your diabetic friend, but she should be used to compensating with her meal plans and can probably add a small slice without too much of a problem - plus she will appreciate your consideration:-). There is also low fat sugar free ice cream available at most grocery stores in a variety of flavours:-). You are thoughtful to consider her special dietary needs.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

as im not that creative i was thinking the bakery idea and ice creme... before i found out i had planned the ice cream pie from braums but thats out now..yes we all just share and have a small party but the thing is most of us have now found we are allllllll borderline or have the condition. I think there only one woman and one man that dont, even myslef found out the other day my level is borderline and doesnt need go any higher..thanks, oh an one lady i know cant have the splenda...pizza is beginning to sound better each minute :lol:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS